Autumn Evenings Pt2

Rez

Got away from work early today, but need to work this evening to make up for it. Went to the perm at 3.20 ish only for an hour. Took the 100.

I snugged down at the base of chestnut tree and waited, watching a series of trees I notice the squirrels use. This one gave himself up with the common screeching. Before he arrived it gave me sometime to think how the hell Im gonna thread a pellet through the amount of branches. I did. Loudest pop Ive heard. Caught him just behind the ear. Wiggling around for about 3 minutes though after, tough little sod.

The pigeon came in about 20 minutes later. Dont "normally" go for head shots on pigeons, more the boiler room with my .22's, but with a 100 in hand, its a formality.

post-94709-0-07098500-1446572147_thumb.jpg

post-94709-0-44777400-1446572194_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

REZ im out of likes again mate :thumbs:

top class as all ways bud :toast:

See a 22 can do the job just as easily as 177, Mark

if you no how to shoot one as Rez has proved :tongue2:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Nice one Mac :) Might want to edit your comment before Mark sees it, as he'll probably point out straight away that my 100 is 177... Then all hell will break out with you two. Sush. We wont say oat... :D

Nice one Mac :) Might want to edit your comment before Mark sees it, as he'll probably point out straight away that my 100 is 177... Then all hell will break out with you two. Sush. We wont say oat... :D

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

You got that many guns i forget witch one is 22 and witch one is 177 :laugh:

Ha. Signature mate. Only took it cos there shit in 177 and it doesn't get used :D

Congratulations Rez, I got myself 2 squirrels today, first time in my life :boogy: , age 65 with .177 HW97KT

Your 65?! A while back we were gonna do a deal on my KT synth... I would of never put you at 65!

Nice one anyway.

Congratulations Rez, I got myself 2 squirrels today, first time in my life :boogy: , age 65 with .177 HW97KT

Your 65?! A while back we were gonna do a deal on my KT synth... I would of never put you at 65!

Nice one anyway.

Yeah I`m a bit retarded :yes:

• Like 1

Nice one anyway.

Yeah I`m a bit retarded :yes:

Ha.

Makings of a nice pie there!

Good shooting, those tee rats can be hard to hit!

Right. Now Ive tried squirrel before but its always a bit tough... so havent tried prepping it for eating again. I must... Its always a f****r to skin too, there built like tanks.

Hung yourself there Mac, didn`t you :boogy::rofl:

Little tw*t :feck:

Makings of a nice pie there!

Good shooting, those tee rats can be hard to hit!

Right. Now Ive tried squirrel before but its always a bit tough... so havent tried prepping it for eating again. I must... Its always a f****r to skin too, there built like tanks.

Try this , soak overnight in salted water in fridge, then simmer in fresh water for 90 minutes, let cool and remove meat from bones, ready to use .. also ,the slit over the hind quarters and standing on the tall to pull skin off works great..

Edited by Newlife2
  • Like 1