got a call off the farmer were i had been lamping the rabbits 2 weeks ago asking if i could ferret the edge as the rabbits are doing so much damage i usually do this when the cover as died off but need must so i arranged to meet 1 celebrity shooters PB no names mentioned we arrived at the meeting place CAFE 2 breakfasts already lined up (good start) we eventually got to the field and collard the ferrets up and started at the bottom edge the beginning was slow to start off with as this was the first time this season the ferrets had been out they soon started to pick up the pace as rabbits were hole hoping back and forth this edge must have 40 + holes still plenty of cover young nettles thistles and brambles hard work we accounted for 9 rabbits off the bottom edge then moved on to the top edge this looked more promising but again rabbits just hole hoping you have to be quick with so many holes so decided to flood the holes all 4 ferrets in this had a immediate effect with rabbits wanting out and trying to make a run for the other warrens the celeb shot well considering the cover been thick and the rabbits so fast ended the day with 22 and 2 escapes so farmer well pleased the two celeb didnt want to show his face as didnt want want any publicity

post-1613-0-42192300-1445935540.jpg

Edited by archiekale
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...