England Tonight

I'd rather watch teams that can play football that nice to watch.

Why do you watch West Han then Wilf ? We just spent 3 years playing football that was horrible to watch.... Because you are a loyal fan thats why.... Why are people not loyal to their country the way they are their club....yet as soon as someone pipes up about Muslims you watch the 3 lions come to the front of their thoughts then..... Its like only being a West Ham fan when we play Millwall !

I dont kid myself our national team is an average side at the highest level,but i absolutely love following them just as much as I love following my club i just will never understand this part time patriotism people have if you like football and your country you watch your country play football and support them.

Not digging you out mate like i say i just dont get it.

No problem at all pal, personally I just don't have the same affinity with England that I do with West Ham.....there's no connection, no bond, no memories of having a laugh with your pals etc etc

I'm not saying that I wasn't jumping around when Owen scored that cracker against Argentina or Gazza against Scotland.......I loved watching Pearces face when he scored that penalty.

I just find them mostly boring as f**k, that don't make me less English......I don't watch the test match either !

I can't understand why you wouldn't get 100% behind them either....,in fact I think that's half your problem. Maybe less pressure of the pitch would make it easier on it......you've certainly got a decent enough squad to do some damage.

Don't get me wrong I love watching you get pumped....makes tournaments worth the watching since Scotland are a bunch of useless b*****ds...lol

Said it before and I'll say it again.......when/if Harry takes the job you'll start getting places again.

• Like 2

Bonehead, do you ever read your replys back? I will be polite but I do think you talk utter crap at times, naa bolloxx all of the time, hehehe.

lad I think the same about you! but we are all allowed to have our views as this is not a nazi state ! As we have never met or I can see by the type of stuff you come out with nor would we move in same social cricles let just respect each other's views are different and not be abusive internet warriors lad !!
  • Like 1

Hey no worries , just how can anybody have a view on something they don't follow or watch?? Anyway no worries.

so because member tillylamp don't follow football there not allowed a opine? so we your kind of view if you ain't a pedo you can't have a opine on them ? Wise up lad eh

It's just the usual love/hate relationship with England for me. Though i curse their overblown hype, management and the FA. They are my country and i can't switch off. I curse and tell myself thats it but it never is and to draw me in to these qualifiers even more, young Ross is playing so well and Jag's got the arm band... Great stuff...!!

No problem at all pal, personally I just don't have the same affinity with England that I do with West Ham.....there's no connection, no bond, no memories of having a laugh with your pals etc etc

I'm not saying that I wasn't jumping around when Owen scored that cracker against Argentina or Gazza against Scotland.......I loved watching Pearces face when he scored that penalty.

I just find them mostly boring as f**k, that don't make me less English......I don't watch the test match either !

I think you can still have that connection etc but its different whereby you run into lads from round the country normally at tournaments you,ll get familiar faces and you get that same togetherness you get at your club....ive met some cracking lads up and down the country they,re not friends but football friends if you know what I mean ive had some great times following England.

The other mentality I dont get is with the " get stuck in " brigade......ive had chats with Spaniards and South Americans they laugh at us the way we seem to value players like Norman Hunter and Billy Bremner we seem to prefer players who will kick someone up in the air to a Messi type.....then we wonder why we dont achieve anything at international level.... forgetting our players our mentality is years behind.

Bonehead ffs your such a bonehead, his view was about players having too much money, my post was about the style of England's play so if he doesn't follow or watch it then his opinion is shite,

remember a wise man can act like a fool but fool can't act like a wise man think on lad !!