Loss Of Accuracy

I have always used falcon accuracy plus in my .22 xl lightning with very good results & these pellets always filled me with confidence but all of a sudden the accuracy of my combo totally went but i never thought it could be the pellets i was using, so this is how i found out. The groups opened up from about a 20-25mm spread at 32mtrs in a 10 shot group to about a 3inch group. So i cleaned the barrel re leaded but no luck, checked the bkl 463 mounts and as expected no movement on that front so i changed the scope 3 times and still no joy i would get maybe 5-6 pellets in a nice cluster but then the others would fly all over the place, checked the stock screws and these were nice & tight & checked the silencer for clipping, this was fine. I was at my wits end and bought 3tins of fhe falcons from 3 different suppliers but the results were all over the place so i was ready for giving up on this and thought i would check the breech seal that to was fine so as a last result i bought some jsb 5.52 exact express & WOW the accuracy was bang on from about the 10th pellet i put thru after a minor adjustment to the scope. 500 pellets down the line & its bang on target again but i would never have thought it would have fell out with the falcon pellets in the first place after using these for over 4 years.

They looked fine with an eye inspection but when i weighed them there was a fairly noticible difference from 13.39 grs - 13.46 grns maybe it was the lighter ones that were flying and giving the spread but on weighing the jsb they are almost all on 14.35grns & really do group very well indeed.

• Like 1

i have noticed with different power levels in the same springer different pellets giving different accuracys . maybe your gun has a power increase I think maybe falcon accuracy plus dont like higher power . but this is a guess your gun may have run in increasing the power . also lightning springs had a rep for breaking , mine did. maybe you have a power drop because of a broken spring . I have also had pellets that I think are the best thing ever out of a gun then they are total rubish . it could be pixies at the end of your garden messing with your gun at night .