I was walking through a dense wood last week when about 20yds in front of me a red deer, and a white red deer shot out in front of me. Really made me jump. Anyone seen one before, id imagine theyre quite a rare sight.

Strangest Roe I've ever seen haha

White Fallow are far from rare and it's not uncommon to see the odd roe with white patches I have seen one completely white Roe it wasn't an albino either I knew of it for about three seasons and saw it quite often when we were hunting that area. I don't know much about Red Deer but I'd imagine white ones are few and far between.

• Like 2

Strangest Roe I've ever seen haha

White Fallow are far from rare and it's not uncommon to see the odd roe with white patches I have seen one completely white Roe it wasn't an albino either I knew of it for about three seasons and saw it quite often when we were hunting that area. I don't know much about Red Deer but I'd imagine white ones are few and far between.

thats what i meant :D

I've never heard of a white red deer and would like to see the proof, although I'm not doubting you. I see wild red deer regularly and there doesn't even be variations such as the fallow has.

it was definitely a white varient of red deer as there was a red deer beside it of the same build, but red. Literally breathtaking
  • Like 1