Dh X Gh

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now i know you are another that does not have a clue,comparing a bull,a wheaton or a bloody whippet,really grasshopper?.

Dissapointing poach sometimes they're just not in the mood eh, so are you still after a pup then? Do you know if he still has witch studog?

Posted Images

Evening gents anybody know of any good 1st X pups about or any in the pipe line?

Id save my brass and source a better hunting option,a Deerhoundy with something else in the mix,the "something else" often makes for a better hunting companion,im a Collie fan,others have their choice,the extra in the Deer/Grey combo often takes the lurcher to a more honest level.

Well ive a 5 yr old 1st cross here an he does everything an more than i want will tackle anything, Couldn't touch anything else morton I'm a deerhound man, either a pure working deerhound or a 1st cross dh gh, the grey blood takes them back closer to what the deerhound was like originally, guess I'm just set in my ways mate

• Like 1

Well ive a 5 yr old 1st cross here an he does everything an more than i want will tackle anything, Couldn't touch anything else morton I'm a deerhound man, either a pure working deerhound or a 1st cross dh gh, the grey blood takes them back closer to what the deerhound was like originally, guess I'm just set in my ways mate

The facts of Deerhoundy life is that there are no Deerhounds about now that are a reflection on their illustrious past,NONE.Im possibly in the top 1% of lurcher owners that recognise what the Deerhound offers to a "better" lurcher.Unless the Deerhoundy lineage as been well diluted into the mix over many generations,its influence will never,ever,become influential,unless its to the detriment of the finished article.My lurchers are heavily Deerhoundy influenced,its the rest in the mix that i find compliments the hunting jukel that best suits my purpose,these mongrel bred Deerhound types are possibly a better reflection of the ORIGINAL,than any of the KC dross now that masquerade as DEERHOUNDY,s.

• Like 1

Well, at the risk of offending anyone, I've seen a few first crosses over the years and they all had one thing in common, they couldn't run a message. Second cross, more greyhound was an improvement but the best deerhound lurchers I seen had something else in their makeup, collie etc.

• Like 1

Well, at the risk of offending anyone, I've seen a few first crosses over the years and they all had one thing in common, they couldn't run a message. Second cross, more greyhound was an improvement but the best deerhound lurchers I seen had something else in their makeup, collie etc.

It often stands out when the mutts are challenged,the Collie combo balances and improves the grafting ability of any Deerhoundy,a fact that is often reflected in the field and not show ring.Some of these 1st x Deerhounds are handsome beasts,yet to often lack the desired trait that our hunting companions thrive upon,the desired trait is often the balance that the 1st x lacks,far to often.Id not own a 1st X Deerhoundy,especially as the proven better option is NEVER a 1st x.

They're are a few true working strains out their they wouldn't be anymore different to the show dogs if they had 2 heads, but everybody has there own preferences in what they want in they're dogs an I know there's a lot of deerhound bashers around, cause they've seen there mates mates mate running one or whatever, an they were running in treacle but maybe that's because people breed off any old tosh, an working deerhounds are hard to come by?

They're are a few true working strains out their they wouldn't be anymore different to the show dogs if they had 2 heads, but everybody has there own preferences in what they want in they're dogs an I know there's a lot of deerhound bashers around, cause they've seen there mates mates mate running one or whatever, an they were running in treacle but maybe that's because people breed off any old tosh, an working deerhounds are hard to come by?

Working Deerhounds are hard to come by because there are none,i remember many moons ago going to a Saluki coursing meet around Shap,they took over from the Deerhound club that could not gather a meet,the Deerhounds where still allowed to compete,very few did and they were pants.The usual names keep getting mentioned on here when Deerhounds are mentioned,in reality they are breeding 3rd rate jukels.The only dogs about now that reflect the Deerhound heritage with any honesty are the hybrid,collie combo,s,they look and graft more like the original than any KC dross masquerading as Deerhounds.

The 4 or 5 I have seen were all lazy,cowardly self preservationists,all culls.

The vast majority of Deerhoundy lurchers ive encountered were seldom lazy or cowardly,that was never part and parcel of their breeding or work ethic,i may have been fortunate in the fact that i never worked or came across KC influenced Deerhounds that had that as part of their breeding heritage,anything bred away from a KC influence,that still carries some of the Deerhound heritage often fares a tad better,especially if its a third generation away from the so called Deerhound breeding experts today,anything they don,t breed is often a truer representation of the original,in type and especially work ethic.

Any well bred bull,wheaten and even collie or whippet hound will out preform these lumbering cowards so why do ye bother?

Now i know you are another that does not have a clue,comparing a bull,a wheaton or a bloody whippet,really grasshopper?.

• Like 2