Time For A New Lamp

Its time to invest in a new lamp for the coming season, I want to go down the LED route and keep my halogen as a back up, has any one tried these new gun lamps that are coming out? are they suitable for running the dog? Who's using what and how do you find it to use, I've been thinking of spending a good few quid on one to keep for a while but is it necessary?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Long gone have the nights of carrying a car battery or motorbike battery!! God knows how many pairs of shirts or army trousers I've burnt with leaked acid after falling over an leaking. As for lamps?

i remember walking all night just for a couple runs, swapping over every couple of fields because of the weight of the battery, or traveling 100 miles for the lamp to fcuk up in the first field,get ba

Yeh cracking review that, cleared things right up for me. Thanks very much ???   "Bigger,brighter,lighter it's got a dimmer an tracer r shite"

Posted Images

Try to get out with the deben sportlight 150 and see what you think.

Not everyone's perfect lamp granted, but I was really impressed. Best money I've spent for a while.

Yeh been looking at them not a bad price either, I'm interested in the gun lamp types so you can just drop it in your pocket whether its suitable or not I dont know. £120+ is a lot to blow if there not lol Edited by MickyB

Not everyone's perfect lamp granted, but I was really impressed. Best money I've spent for a while.

Yeh been looking at them not a bad price either, I'm interested in the gun lamp types so you can just drop it in your pocket whether its suitable or not I dont know. £120+ is a lot to blow if there not lol

ive got one of the cree LED torches I use on the rifle mate, you can have a play with that when you come up and see what you think?

• Like 2

Cheers Ant, I'm up at the end of this month for the big BBQ bring it and I'll take a look, I'm in no big rush as I've rewired that halogen one now but just want it as a back up, I'm sure it will fall apart in the field again ?

Yeh been looking at them not a bad price either, I'm interested in the gun lamp types so you can just drop it in your pocket whether its suitable or not I dont know. £120+ is a lot to blow if there not lol

ive got one of the cree LED torches I use on the rifle mate, you can have a play with that when you come up and see what you think?

Cheers Ant, I'll be up at the end of this month for the big BBQ bring it and I'll take a look. I've rewired that halogen but you can bet it will fall apart in the field again if I use it a lot ?

• Like 1

I use to use one with the battery pack that went over shoulder but found it to clumsy when climbing gates fences etc so ended up buying led hand held lamp like the ones home bargains sell for 11quid

That's the kind of thing I'm looking for, like with fishing when I was a kid I'd take as much gear as possible but now I just take what I can get away with. what model are you using, how do you find it in the field ?

Cheers Ant, I'm up at the end of this month for the big BBQ bring it and I'll take a look, I'm in no big rush as I've rewired that halogen one now but just want it as a back up, I'm sure it will fall apart in the field again ?

Cheers Ant, I'll be up at the end of this month for the big BBQ bring it and I'll take a look. I've rewired that halogen but you can bet it will fall apart in the field again if I use it a lot ?

Ps. Remind me nearer the time I'll bring that harcomb book for you to read

• Like 1