Hornady Super Performance?

I bought two boxes of these for my 223 and went out yesterday evening with no wind

Set a target at 50 yards and it was two shots through same hole

Same at 75 yards, I thought I would check close in case I call a fox right in

But at 100 yards it was 1 inch high which I expected but although three shots were through same hole they were half inch to the left

How can it be centre at 50 and 75 but slightly left with no wind?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm afraid that is utter tosh. In 50 years I've never had or known anyone who has.   The most common cause is cant, caused by incorrect scope allignment, too higher mounts or tilting (canting) the

Is there a chance that the rifle was canted slightly to the left. This would produce the results you experienced.

it aint rocket science .adjust the scope or its human error!!!

That is a bit mad init chris. I had great results with this ammo threw my .22-250 but never had this problem. Could you have been clipping a bit of grass or twig or something. Just thinking you changed position and managed to shoot left. Or when you changed position was your rifle rested on uneven ground?

Just a couple of thoughts

Was it cool for the change from 50 to 75?

Presuming not.

Maybe it's just glanced off something or you might be twitching due to the distance change.

Seen that happen loads on the ranges where folks (sometimes me too) are too quick to look up and not stay through the scope and this happens.

• Like 1

Was it cool for the change from 50 to 75? g.png

Presuming not.

Maybe it's just glanced off something or you might be twitching due to the distance change.

Seen that happen loads on the ranges where folks (sometimes me too) are too quick to look up and not stay through the scope and this happens.

agreed with you