Too Many In 1 Go??

Well guys don't know if there is anything I can do but I'm going to put it out there anyway.im feeding a pond this month very close to my house and I think it's doing Well, every night I have 30 to 35 mallard coming and leaving at 1st light.my problem is they are all coming in big flocks of 15 or 18 and it's only Small,I intend to cover it myself.is there such away or changing the way they come in that numbers would be smaller.might be studied question guys but it's all new to me.

So there only 2 lots coming in (18 x 2 = 36 )........ Early season I have had lots of birds wheeling about in big numbers and I'm talking about 50 - 100 and these are wild birds. To be honest I don't think they're worth shooting till October/November as most of the birds are still in quill and on the small side....... Keep feeding and you will have better sport ....and eating birds later on

• Like 4

It varies a small bit most nights,like this evening there came in 3 and then few mins later 18 and 10 of them dropped straight in and then there was 6 and 5 all dropped straight in.dont get me wrong I'm more than happy with them I was just wondering if there was any wee tricks in feeding them or something that would split them up a bit.

Feeding a pool this last couple of weeks and it it starting to show signs of a good number of mallard coming in.When we 1st fed it there was about 5-6 duck coming to it and now there is anything from 30-50 duck coming into it.The pool is situated in a flight line between 3 smallish lakes so plenty of duck about.We are using barley and wheat soaked in molasas and it seems to be doing the trick.

And fat man what way are they hanging about are they there all day or flying in at night?I used molasses few years back but this time iv just gone for a barley and maze mix it's doing the trick.