Trigger's Broom

I find the DR5 brilliant for dusting, but it can be temperamental at times...

I've replaced the pump, pressure release valve twice and all the seals a good few times. This morning, I find I've got to replace the trigger :censored:

4 new heads and 5 new handles springs to mind.... Joking aside it is quite annoying and getting to the stage where I wonder if it'll behave itself when doing a job.

• Like 1

Iv only just started using mine in an attempt to reduce chemical exposure. I have a reaction to ficam and with the removal of deadline dust and apparently removal of permethrin dust I reckon not having to fill the dust stick will help. But I'm yet to be convinced that it gives reliable service and delivery

Last year mine kept blocking up in the pipe between tank and trigger was bloody annoying and didn't look good in front of customers, me ramming wire down trying to unblock, but this year so far good as its fresh dust and ive put a couple of pepples in the tank (as someone mentioned on ere , thanks),had bit of an air leak by the gun so got some bull nose plyers to the crimp.

Iv only just started using mine in an attempt to reduce chemical exposure. I have a reaction to ficam and with the removal of deadline dust and apparently removal of permethrin dust I reckon not having to fill the dust stick will help. But I'm yet to be convinced that it gives reliable service and delivery

If/when it blocks up Dido, keep the trigger depressed and pull the pressure valve until all the airs out. It will depressurise inside the poles as well as in the tank. You should avoid or reduce any spillages and exposure that way.

Frontbum, yes I get that even with new ficam but only inside the smaller flexible brass tip, the wide bore straight nozzle doesn't seen to play up often. Bloody annoying and yeah it's not good in front of customers! I'll have to try the pebble/golf ball thing.

At this rate the only original part on my DR5 will be the feckin' tank!!!! It is a cracking tool when it's behaving itself though....

• Like 1

Pebbles,marbles ,a golf ball; it helps. In the end even new seals don't compensate for hard usage.

I usually use a foot-pump on the valve to charge the pressure tank as it saves wear n tear on the hand pump and you don't get that annoying situation where the big grey mushroom shaped seal on the bottom of the pump tube loses it airtightness due to congealed bits of dust.

I bought a couple of knackered dusters from a retiring pest controller and have done away with the hand pump altogether on one of them by removing it and blanking off the hole. It can only be charged via the tyre valve but has saved embarrassment a couple of times.

Edited by comanche

Always rattle the tube between trigger and tank to clear all the dust which will stop it compacting up. Also upend the tank prior to use as it will loosen the dust up. Don't tighten the rods too tight as this can restrict the rubber washer inside causing it to block up. Obviously don't leave the pump out too long when working in damp conditions as that will cause it clump up too.