How Big A Hutch For 3 Ferrets?

get some hooks on outside, then drill some holes in some Perspex and just hook it on to stop rain an snow getting in and unhook it on nice days, other than that pal that will look even better in a few weeks once you've figured out what will be best where

Something like this?:http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Durable-Acrylic-Sheet-90cmx1-8m/p/210002

How many walls should I be looking at doing?

Good to see ferrets being kept well :victory:

Years ago an old greyhound man beside who is dead now, kept his in an outhouse inside a tea chest with a sheet of tin and a brick on the top - I always felt bad for those old ferrets, fed on eggs, bread and milk..., he kept them in the dark so they could see underground..... :icon_eek:

can use anything mate, I used perspex as I got it free, a mate of mine used them cheap fencing panels and just made a clip so he could take em off an put em on easily an they were secure. Its just to take the worst of the weather mate, after a while you'll soon find out what sides are worst for letting it in, or if you need to use summat for a bit of shade. Well done tho you're doing job properly

Cheers man. Never thought about using fencing panels. I guess my mind was focused on shed, so it never occurred to me to think fence! That'll be a fairly cost effective solution to the problem and give them a good bit of protection from the elements.

Going to be a while till I can get some panels sorted out for delivery so going to stick some debris netting like they use on scaffolding up as a temporary meassure. Should have a more rhobust solution in place before the end of the summer and the start of the propper grotty weather.

• Like 1

That's a grand job mate, ideal :-). They will have fun in there :-)

Atb

Cheers man. Been a lot of work. Should really have put the blocks down at the end before the hutch was there. Just getting a coat of green paint the day. And then make sure it doesnt flood from water washing off the base that sticks out and then the girls will be getting moved out.

• Like 1

That's the girls moved in. Stil to stick up the netting but I'll get that done later on. NEed to clean up their old cage and move it to the shed for storage.

Gave the frame a coat of paint, green so that if it goes a bit Mossy with being under some trees it won't be obvious :)

Girls seem very happy with their run. Only issue is that they keep climbing on top of the hutch using the mesh and they can't easily get down. We've moved some stuff around so they can get down, but I'll stick a ramp in to make it easier on them.

11695787_10153591207384673_7649943321396

get some tubes cable tied to.mesh and ramps and shelfs in mate, nowt that will make cleaning a pain but trial an error will get it sorted

Cheers Guv. We've got some tubes from the old cage. I'll get them sorted tomorrow. Always worth coming here to get tips!

Fine Weather for Ferrets:

11012834_10153591687829673_5687223403690

• Like 1

are you talking about taking hutch out of there mate? Id keep it in myself for them to sleep in

I'll leave the hutch in there. They've taken right to it too. When they were inside you'd step on the stairs and you could hear them run for the door. Went in this evening and got in the run, changed their toilet, put some food in, opened the door where they were sleeping and they were completely sparko. Gave me an indignant look and sort of poured out of their bed.

Best decision I've made sticking them out there. Course, now the wife thinks we need to get more ferrets, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Koombar . . . Looks just the job that does mate. A lot better for them aswell, than in just a hutch where they keep going left to right all day long, against the mesh :no:

The more room that you can give them the better. I've had mine in a 10ft run for many years...... Can't beat it :thumbs:

• Like 1