Boxing Jamie Conran

Just watched Jamie conran winning his title against a good mexican who should of won. An embarrassing day for the irish..If it had of been the other way around it would of been stopped in the irishmans favour. The ref allowed him to continue even when he could not fight back when on the ropes,but worst of all for me were the delayed counts when he was on the canvas..Blatant cheating by the ref..a hollow victory

• Like 1

Did any one see the Mansouri v Sheedy fight on Spike Channel last night?

Sheedy won pretty much every round but Mansouri (Rotheram) got the verdict against Sheedy (Sheffield) cos it was his home town.

And what a cheapo lack of atmosphere venue it was as well for a title fight :icon_eek:

Cheers, D

Did any one see the Mansouri v Sheedy fight on Spike Channel last night?

Sheedy won pretty much every round but Mansouri (Rotheram) got the verdict against Sheedy (Sheffield) cos it was his home town.

And what a cheapo lack of atmosphere venue it was as well for a title fight :icon_eek:

Cheers, D

All a bit tacky weren't it lol shame cos both fights where ok n lads deserved better mo d any boxing better than none or ppv

• Like 1

Just watched Jamie conran winning his title against a good mexican who should of won. An embarrassing day for the irish..If it had of been the other way around it would of been stopped in the irishmans favour. The ref allowed him to continue even when he could not fight back when on the ropes,but worst of all for me were the delayed counts when he was on the canvas..Blatant cheating by the ref..a hollow victory

I dont think they was delayed counts...Mickey Vann was picking up on the time keepers count...you just couldnt hear him above the noise...but agree 100% that if he wasnt the home fighter Vann would of stopped the fight in the 7th..and should of had points off for blatant use of the elbow...but he knew the crowd was so fired up they probably would of lynched him!..fair play for letting the fight go on in my opinion...wish more Ref's would...Conlan went down from body shots and you can see from how quick he recovered that he wernt too seriously hurt...went on to be a cracking little scrap...and thats what its all about

I dont think they was delayed counts...Mickey Vann was picking up on the time keepers count...you just couldnt hear him above the noise...but agree 100% that if he wasnt the home fighter Vann would of stopped the fight in the 7th..and should of had points off for blatant use of the elbow...but he knew the crowd was so fired up they probably would of lynched him!..fair play for letting the fight go on in my opinion...wish more Ref's would...Conlan went down from body shots and you can see from how quick he recovered that he wernt too seriously hurt...went on to be a cracking little scrap...and thats what its all about

Think your right about the count,but this home fighter thing happens too much in boxing,I think it stinks a bit..

• Like 1