Shooting Sticks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Make yourself some twin sticks.   If you buy the green plastic coated bean sticks from B&Q and join them with a rubber ring, or a bolt or whatever they cost less than a fiver and will definitel

Plastic garden sticks that were designed to grow runner beans up fettled together are as good as a purpose designed set of shooting sticks . ..Tel you what Bt , get your garden sticks , fettle them

bought a set of Hammond quad sticks expensive, but will pay for themselves in venison

Posted Images

I've seen a few sets made from garden canes from B&Q etc, any good lads ?  

Yeah. They are as good as any of the bought ones.

Can't agree their H , I tried some a friend bought , some type of aircraft aluminium , fully adjustable and the lightest set of sticks I've ever used ..while the cane ones do the job they don't compare to a precision made set , that's why they cost a small fortune .

Can't agree their H , I tried some a friend bought , some type of aircraft aluminium , fully adjustable and the lightest set of sticks I've ever used ..while the cane ones do the job they don't compare to a precision made set , that's why they cost a small fortune .

got to agree with this I made a set of quad sticks as mentioned above to see how I got on with them. once I started using them I ordered a set of Hammond sticks all I can say as with most of the shooting gear you get what you pay for. they are fully adjustable, strong, lightweight and its like shooting from a solid rest

got to agree with this I made a set of quad sticks as mentioned above to see how I got on with them. once I started using them I ordered a set of Hammond sticks all I can say as with most of the shooting gear you get what you pay for. they are fully adjustable, strong, lightweight and its like shooting from a solid rest

Google Hammond Sticks - Quad set £170 :cray:you've all got too much cash!

Yup.

Honestly, make your own, £5 for twin sticks, tenner for quad sticks. There are plenty of guides on the internet, take your time and fettle them to suit you and believe me they are just as good. Aircraft aluminium? Super stable? BOLLOCKS. No matter how you slice it they are some tubes joined together at the top or the top and the bottom in the case of quad sticks.

If spending £170 gives you the confidence and illusion that you are somehow more stable or whatever then great. It's worth the money. But its all in your head.

Yup.

Honestly, make your own, £5 for twin sticks, tenner for quad sticks. There are plenty of guides on the internet, take your time and fettle them to suit you and believe me they are just as good. Aircraft aluminium? Super stable? BOLLOCKS. No matter how you slice it they are some tubes joined together at the top or the top and the bottom in the case of quad sticks.

If spending £170 gives you the confidence and illusion that you are somehow more stable or whatever then great. It's worth the money. But its all in your head.

Plastic garden sticks that were designed to grow runner beans up fettled together are as good as a purpose designed set of shooting sticks . :huh: ..Tel you what Bt , get your garden sticks , fettle them as much as you want , then come down to mine , have a day out stalking , use your sticks , try mine ..then come back and tell every one who's talking bollocks ...The garden sticks will work , so do the wooden ones , Seprim left the wooden ones he made , they work well , but the best ive tried are the purpose made ones ...note the word TRIED ...

• Like 2

Well Big Thug, we may not agree on the need to spend sacks of cash on what amounts to four poles, or two or whatever it is Sussex uses but if that is a genuine offer you have got yourself a free stalk and an opportunity to see for yourself.

Can't say fairer than that. If I could work out how to do the emoticon of the bloke tipping his hat I would.

Hats off Sussex.

Genuine offer !!

Wow, fair play pal if genuine that's a cracking offer.

I'd be extremely great full to come out and you show me the ropes as I'm inexperienced and willing to learn. I'll send you a PM and hopefully we can sort something out.

• 2 weeks later...