Springer Fetteling Of The Hw Variety.

They are factory honed.

I have only had to hone one in the last dozen or so.

The V-mach pistons can be tight.

The Weihrauch pistons are usually pretty good without any work.

Imo I stick with Steve Pope's springs and kits.

C

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The basic strip clean and re lube is so simple mate. There's plenty of vids on you tube to show you how. The more advanced tunes including gliding the piston etc requires a lathe. The trigger tune

4ltr milk bottle for spring sleeve I tund my own hw95 Titan xs spring with 2 inch removed set my sights at 20 yards still at further 40 yards 60 total pellet on pellet still it's not just a tuned gun

I can glide your springers. Fit a tophat, piston liner, tune the trigger and fit a new breach seal for £120 posted back to you with a photo diary of the work being done.   Chris

Hello Chris

are the Steve Pope spring kits readily available with not to much of a turn around.

Any chance you could email me a photo of what you get in a Steve Pope kit ?.

I have just had a quick look at BAR site, so is Steve Pope the V-Mack kit ?

Edited by VWman

Yep that's them.

Bar has pics [bANNED TEXT].

Sorry Chris an not sure what that means ?

Have you tried other springs as I had made my mind up nor to use a vmach as I have read articles where people had taken them back out. The welsh willy and the vortek seem to have good feed back.

There has been a reference to a 77 trigger block that may have thread lock on it ? are they just hard to get off ?

Thank you for the info.

Cheers Mike.

Hi mate.

I have heard people say that they take out their v-mach.

It's just personal taste but Steve Pope is a tuning genius and his work and kits are brilliant.

Don't listen to all the chatter about thread lock etc.

I have seen over the last few years that some folk get a bit OCD and carried away.

I have worked on many a rifle and a trigger tune along with any tuning kit and the all important 2 delrin rings fitted to the piston then a light smear of Bisley gun grease then the gun is ready to shoot perfectly for the next 20 years.

Some of the lads talk some serious rubbish on tuning.

Do the 3 things above with a Welsh willie vortex or v-mach and it will be fine.

Atb

Chris

• Like 1

Hi mate.

I have heard people say that they take out their v-mach.

It's just personal taste but Steve Pope is a tuning genius and his work and kits are brilliant.

Don't listen to all the chatter about thread lock etc.

I have seen over the last few years that some folk get a bit OCD and carried away.

I have worked on many a rifle and a trigger tune along with any tuning kit and the all important 2 delrin rings fitted to the piston then a light smear of Bisley gun grease then the gun is ready to shoot perfectly for the next 20 years.

Some of the lads talk some serious rubbish on tuning.

Do the 3 things above with a Welsh willie vortex or v-mach and it will be fine.

Atb

Chris

This is a valid point. In another post I mentioned that my 97 was making a racket sound after some abuse at the weekend [and just abuse generally], I found out that I had a sample of the dirt in the action creating an awful scraping sound on cocking. Anyway, stripped it down for a re build this evening and I actually found that the previous applied grease had almost disappeared. Bisley gun grease too which is good.

Now. Im not one for sparseness when it comes to grease, obviously not over the top, and so after I took it apart this evening and noticed that much of the grease previously applied had disappeared, I was rather shocked. As I say, my 97 gets a good bashing on the targets and in the field, but I didn't expect it to be so 'empty'. It was running lovely too and I wouldnt of stripped it if it wasnt for that damn noise. After the re build Ive actually found the recoil to be much 'softer' [as if it was possible], but Ive found the power down by .2 ftlbs, which isnt a problem.

The only reason my post came about here was the fact you mention 'running for the next 20 years'... I know you may exaggerate, but they do need a good clean and re fresh from time to time. No offence ment and Im not having a "go" as they say. Just a thought.

And no, Im not a serious 'tuner' but I know that my rifle is better for a internal splashing :D

• Like 1

Hello again.

I did not say properly what I meant on 20 years.

What I meant was that it does not need anymore tuning work and that a service now and then is part of the looking after of our guns.

They really don't need much grease to run well.

When running on delrin mines have a minute amount on the piston and nothing on the trigger

• Like 1

Hello again.

I did not say properly what I meant on 20 years.

What I meant was that it does not need anymore tuning work and that a service now and then is part of the looking after of our guns.

They really don't need much grease to run well.

When running on delrin mines have a minute amount on the piston and nothing on the trigger

I know thats what you meant mate.

I was just making a post.

No worries pal.

I am gonna do a pic diary from start to finish of a HW 97 or 80 tune up so folks can see what's involved.

Just need to get a project gun first.

C

Can you do me a bloody sleeve for my Pro Sport or what?! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Ok then to break it down into bite size bits of information.

What types of moly type wonder paste/ grease and where to put it and what oil and how much of each to use.

I will start to make some notes and then i will make a choice of drop in kit.

If you could say where to get the best things from i will place an order and move on to the next stage.