Ivermectin For Mange

what about the stuff they use for birds ? my mate keeps pigeons it what he uses on his birds.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ivermectin-Drops-mite-treatment-Guinea-Pigs-Rabbits-Ferrets-and-large-Birds-/121679237190?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c54a5d046

could you double dose and use it like a Spot-On for the dogs ?

I'm using Advocate at moment..but must admit its costing me way too much from my local vets.

Edited by vin

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Advocate dose the job get it from dog tracks or online

since i started using ivermec 2years ago i havent seen any mange. I use injectiable and give up to .5ml for terriers depending on size and up to 1ml for big lurchers. I always start out with a .1 or .

I got a put awhile back that was riddled with mange I used sheep dip on her after a week the hair was starting to grow back

Posted Images

what about the stuff they use for birds ? my mate keeps pigeons it what he uses on his birds.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ivermectin-Drops-mite-treatment-Guinea-Pigs-Rabbits-Ferrets-and-large-Birds-/121679237190?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c54a5d046

could you double dose and use it like a Spot-On for the dogs ? Yes vin one can use the pigeon me tin just a few drops more both dogs and ferrite, it's just a far lower dose than straight 1percentivomec these vets have it wrapped up to those not in the know seen a fellow spoke to him 2grand on ta dog lung worm he been. Using frontal no spot on yet they sold mile max that treats for the lung and heart worm and low and behold works out cheaper for lurchers than frontal. Atb bunnys

I'm using Advocate at moment..but must admit its costing me way too much from my local vets.

Yes vin one can use the pigeon me tin just a few drops more both dogs and ferrite, it's just a far lower dose than straight 1percentivomec these vets have it wrapped up to those not in the know seen a fellow spoke to him 2grand on ta dog lung worm he been. Using frontal no spot on yet they sold mile max that treats for the lung and heart worm and low and behold works out cheaper for lurchers than frontal. Atb bunnys

So for instance the stuff on ebay for pigeons.. how many drops per kilo of dog ? Surely this would work out a dam site cheaper than vets prices ?

I would say work weight average pigeon weight go by that vin a couple a drops a bird it says on the little plastic bottle I have used it for ferrets mate uses it for there cats etc and dogs I thinks like this it don't need to be true to drops for weight much in the same has wormers there's scope either side.itll save thee a fortune ,I use straight 1percent ivomectin for dogs 1ml per 25kl in food works a treat one can always test spot it for those with dogs with a drop of collie in em,a bottle lasts me a few yrs around 25 30 quid a bottle hope this helps I have even used horse wormer paste on tongue that used to be 2quid a tube last ages ivomec based again how times change and prices fluctuate they be about fifteen quid a tube now . Atb bunnys