'benefits' Of The Eu

Good point but that is a domestic issue, not an internationally created one. if you dont work in most countries you dont eat especially in the Middle and Far East. Thats reality some places one works and 15/20 people live of the one salary. if you are healthy enough to work then you should work leave the public purse for the old, sick and disabled.

Edited by desertbred

Agreed but there is nothing in EU rules that say any of this has to be provided.

The allowance of such things has been a failing of previous government. That is a domestic issue.

Bangladesh. Iraq, Iran, Somalia, Nigeria, Ghana, aren't in the EU

no they are not part of the EU neither do we all collect benefits. The British Government went like lambs to the slaughter joining the EU without taking into account the free movement of citizens and the benefits policy is like a honeypot to flies these are the people that get elected to parliament formulate policy.

no they are not part of the EU neither do we all collect benefits. The British Government went like lambs to the slaughter joining the EU without taking into account the free movement of citizens and the benefits policy is like a honeypot to flies these are the people that get elected to parliament formulate policy.

When Britain joined the EU under Ted the Teeth back in the 1970's. It was for the common agricultural policy and that was it. The idea was sold as cheaper food for Britain. For example we were not told that the EU law would be binding in Britain, or that the EU would tell us how much car tax we would pay. Nor were we told that they could make us pay more if the countries production went up.

The sooner we are out the better.

TC

Edited by tiercel

We voted for a free trade zone, the politicians knew fine well where it was headed all those years ago......they just didn't think it prudent to tell anybody ;)

I'm not suggesting that everyone does collect benefits but there is a massive focus on immigration and zero on politcal and domestic criminal misuse of the same system. If the multi national corporations, using Britain to trade, but paying next to no, or no, tax we wouldn't have such a major drain on the system.

I'm not a full blown Europhile, by any stretch of the word, but it's been extremely good for trade and movement. I do think the European Convention on Human Rights is basically a good thing but it's interpretation has been perverted as we've seen in the judicial system.

I don't like that we have to use tax money to subsidize MEP's, and such, but it's a collective agreement.

All of the problems I've seen regarding EU membership have come from our domestic leaders and their inability to assert themselves in Europe. Benefits, healthcare, and housing, for foreigners is not covered under the laws so it's purely down to British mismanagement.

Have a look at the articles, in the ECHR, and see which one we should repeal, maybe the right to expression? How about liberty and security? Fair trial? What about privacy? Conscience and religion?

All of these are protected under EU law.

Personally I'd like to see the referendum on the EU. We do live in a democracy afterall, but the problems that members are highlighting could be solved domestically. We've just had an election so shouldn't the latest government be addressing this?

I want to see what's best for Britain and this needs a lot more research, with much more information, than we currently have. Focusing purely on immigration won't fix the problem. This is a multi faceted issue that requires serious overhaul.

• Like 3

Britain has already said it wants to withdraw from the Human Rights Act. America sees Britain as a door into the European markets exactly the same prior to the EU when Britain had the Commonwealth and the Empire it gave America a key to several doors. Personally I would tear up the Human Rights Act and the Geneva Convention, The Nuclear non proliferation treaty all are selectively ignored when it suits ,much the same as EU policies are only enforced to maintain another level of political deceipt.

• Like 1

Britain has already said it wants to withdraw from the Human Rights Act. America sees Britain as a door into the European markets exactly the same prior to the EU when Britain had the Commonwealth and the Empire it gave America a key to several doors. Personally I would tear up the Human Rights Act and the Geneva Convention, The Nuclear non proliferation treaty all are selectively ignored when it suits ,much the same as EU policies are only enforced to maintain another level of political deceipt.

Fair comment DB but I disagree. :thumbs: