Approved Rodenticide Competence Certificates Announced.

Hello Chaps,

I expect you probably all already know that from 1 June 2016 only holders of an approved certificate should be able to buy professional SGAR products.

I personally have seen/heard a bit of confusing disinformation on what you will actually need (having to join certain trade associations, etc, etc.) But I’ve now found the link below with a PDF detailing the actual qualifications you’ll need on the webpage. Hope you find it useful.

http://www.thinkwildlife.org/approved-proof-of-rodenticide-competence-certificates-announced/

Thanks for that mr. Muddy. It's good to see the usual pestie qualifications will still count.

Whilst this group, 'wildlife aware' have good intentions so to speak, until they heavily restrict public use of SGARs they are on a hiding to nothing. Do they really think the public use rodenticide according to label instructions :hmm: and if we're talking difenacoum/bromadiolone, there's no/little difference between professional use/amateur use product.

I don't disagree with this new approved certificate scheme, but it's worthless if it doesn't apply to all user groups - in my opinion anyway

I know of 2 farm shops selling big buckets of brodificoum to anyone. In the last month iv had 3 customers who had rat bait in open trays in the garden.

Until they get that sorted, which I doubt they will I continue to become more angry and detached from any rules and regulations that I'm supposed to keep upto date with and follow...that's not a good place for a professional to be in.