The Hw80 Restore And Tune

Got started on the rusty metal work today I fitted the new barrel so was just the cylinder to sort

Couple of hours elbow grease with the sandpaper then went to finish off on the machine polisher and it went pooof so heading out shortly for a new one will add more pics once it's done but coming along nicely

EB43EFDB-20DC-43DE-9274-D0613785E1AE.jpg

1F2602B3-82D5-4425-9747-465E28B83B0B.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well after a bit of looking around for a project gun found a hw80 and will be collecting in few days its a early one in .22 thanks to a fellow member for the heads up (dac) picked it up for 120 qui

Well was up early this morning so made a cupa got myself set up at living room window paced out 30 yd and put a thick board up and some targets At 1st I wasn't getting much in the way of groups

well got the piston back from thusodog and a huge thanks bud you have done a amazing job got her lubed up and all built up and my god its so smooth is unlike anything ive shot so solid and i got the

Well took a while to get the pitting out it didn't look too bad when I started but few hours later on the new bench grinder and wire disc soon sorted it

I used some old blueing I had knocking about Phillips again and it took well to the metal not as deep as usual but 100% better than it was (is slightly Gray but will be ok for now see how it holds up ) built back up to show how she's looking and added some new glass a hawke map pro 4-16x50 I picked up this morning

Also I flatted and polished the stock don't think il completely re finish it as this is going to get used for hunting I'm more interested in getting it in good usable order and performing well than looking a million dollars

Added new breech seal too so here she is so far .......

A7FB949A-1EFE-4EB3-9D5E-C9D9F1D9683F.jpg

03740CD9-542B-44AD-9A3B-8201A1E5D8E8.jpg

33035E18-931E-4828-960A-0BFF003B97F7.jpg

03740CD9-542B-44AD-9A3B-8201A1E5D8E8.jpg

39EB411A-0588-47C0-96BA-6B6E5BE18A5A.jpg

38F5C641-0082-4064-B1CD-F209421CEE8B.jpg

Few more little bits to do then she's Almost there

No not short stroked it mate just removed pre load and the v Mach kit spring had been trimmed to suite was doing a steady 11.5 when1st chronod it but will be 1st thing I do when all built back up there is no pre load or tension on the spring so nice and easy to re assemble

They are built in a way I think is mainly for fac use but hopefully correctly set up and all the work that's been done should be sweet in sub 12

The piston should be back next week after kindly been glided by Chris (thursodog)

God I'm looking forward to testing this out

Tallied up total spend and managed to keep it just shy of 200 so happy with that

Oh there will be a screw cut and target crown plus hw mod in next few week so will be around 250 spend but enjoyed working on her and if it shoots well I think that's a snip

• Like 1

well got the piston back from thusodog and a huge thanks bud you have done a amazing job

got her lubed up and all built up and my god its so smooth is unlike anything ive shot so solid and i got the new glass zerod and it just stacks pellets on top of each other with ease its unreal how accurate it is for a break barrel

i set a board out only 20 yard away like but it litrally single holes 5 shots i didnt have long earlier but will do some 30 and 40 yard groups tomorrow and post the pics

its been a long job getting it like this but well worth it im seriously really proud of this rifle and its a definite keeper

massive thanks again to chris the v glide absolutely helped me to get it shooting like this

ACF5F107-BB3E-432F-B245-0B4AA0406ECA.jpg

A01D8CE0-D2EC-47B8-A5C6-044D6340F419.jpg

yet to chrono it so will add to thread with groups and consistency

but think shes there now ;)

• Like 3

lol will be a sad day if that went but never say never

think il be sticking with this one a while its the smoothest and most accurate ive done yet pal

will have to get out and let you try her out

• Like 1