Thinking Of Giving Up On Pcp's

evening gents,

I'm undecided on giving up on pcp's or not. I shoot with an R10 which i love but ive been honing my skills in a field at my perm, with targets at different distances and im running out of air after a few hours while my mate and his springer are just plowing on. so Im thinking just use a springer from now on. plus im finding that in a standing or kneeling position the rifle is wandering and think with that heavier springer(pro sport) that it will help with the wander.

What you all reckon? stick with the pcp's or not?

atb

I'm probably more accurate with the R10, (no recoil) but i can get a decent group with the prosport. just heavy to lugg about all day. just dont really wan to drill a hole in the stock to fit a sling thou.

atb

When I had my r10

evening gents,

I'm undecided on giving up on pcp's or not. I shoot with an R10 which i love but ive been honing my skills in a field at my perm, with targets at different distances and im running out of air after a few hours while my mate and his springer are just plowing on. so Im thinking just use a springer from now on. plus im finding that in a standing or kneeling position the rifle is wandering and think with that heavier springer(pro sport) that it will help with the wander.

What you all reckon? stick with the pcp's or not?

atb

When I had my r10 I found the same problem and when I sold it to a mate he had the same problem ,so he traded it in for a HW100kt .

IMO and others find the r10 is not a very pointable gun ,I probably get shot down for saying that

Do you have any links for the slings mate?

Yeah maybe a small bottle would be the answer. Yeah I can get really good group's off the bench or prone off my Bach pack. Just standing and kneading I need the practice with.

Atb

You reckon that the scope could be making it worse? It's about 900g and possibly making it of balance.

I'd love a huntsman if I'm honest, there stunning, but that's not what we're on about just now.

Atb

PCP rifles like the HW 100`s, regulated Ultras , AA etc are serious hunting rifles with low shot counts for plinking and high shot counts for hunting.

Lots of great springers too.

The reload of a HW 100/ magazine is faultless, silent and deadly fast with accuracy you would not believe.Stick with the PCP for hunting ( pfff), and use the springer as required (((TWANNNNNNNG ! ))).- Archie :thumbs:

One of my mates has a gun shop and nearly all his air rifle sales are pcp.- in .177 !!! :laugh::tongue2:

His springer sales ( 15%) are mostly .177 too

Hope it helped any.

atb

• Like 3

Yes go springer only!

I secretly enjoy it when I'm at the range and someone's pcp runs out of air or when there chatting about pcp troubles like leaks and shot count, faulty mags etc and my springer just keeps going! They are just so independent and reliable. If that's what you value most, then you will never be satisfied with a pcp.

• Like 1