here she is, the whisper fitted. mtc mamba on top. yet to shoot it but she looks good. The Mrs is jealous :thumbs:

So the Whisper did fit then? Good news and it looks great!

Edited by Alsone

My 1417 likes Eleys. Try a box and see how they go. A little more of a waxy head than the Winnies, but I find them to be slightly quieter and a more accurate.

Fair play you have a great looking rifle there mate. It should last you forever. :thumbs: .

• Like 1

Sportsman didn't have eleys in which were my first choice, but the Winnies don't feed smooth, also I have to rip the bolt back to make sure the brass extracts, is this normal for an Annie? My .223 slings the brass about 2 foot when I cock it

Sportsman didn't have eleys in which were my first choice, but the Winnies don't feed smooth, also I have to rip the bolt back to make sure the brass extracts, is this normal for an Annie? My .223 slings the brass about 2 foot when I cock it

SK's are worth a try. My 1417 was a bit stiff when it was new, smooth as silk now. Yours probably needs a bit of use. I did have to take the extractors out of mine as they seemed to be a bit stuck in their seating. I cleaned them as they were a bit gungy. No problems since. If you do remove them, take note which side each one comes from as they're slightly different.

I wouldn't say that I have to rip the bolt back, but I do have to give it a bit of a flick. I think that it must be how the design works (?).

I would put plenty of rounds through it mate, just to let it all wear in. If you still feel that it should be a little slicker then it might be worth taking the advice from Rimfireboy! and give the extractors a bit of a rub.

Nice looking rifle pal, my Annie was the same when it was new, the crap that comes off Winchesters is horrible and has to be cleaned off regular or it gums the extractor up and cases wont eject from the chamber, assuming your rifle shoots them well Eleys are a much better bullet, and far cleaner, and smell better too :D

Nice looking rifle pal, my Annie was the same when it was new, the crap that comes off Winchesters is horrible and has to be cleaned off regular or it gums the extractor up and cases wont eject from the chamber, assuming your rifle shoots them well Eleys are a much better bullet, and far cleaner, and smell better too :D

Funny that, I find exactly the opposite. Even though I prefer Eleys, the waxy coating on the head leaves gunk around. I find it more prominent in my 10 shot mag. I can only fill it with a max of 8 otherwise I am guaranteed a jam as they feed up. No such problems with the Winnies. :hmm:

On the subject of Winnies I picked up some of the 42 grain a week or two ago. I'm looking forward to comparing them against their 40 grain offering.

mine 22 loves the eleys I would never buy any other 22 ammo. made down the road and more accurate than all the others I tried. and very quiet.

my 1517 hmr ejects fine if I pull back abit otherwise the shell sits at an angle so they can be picked out. I think its how the actions are made and yours being new is a bit stiff. I would imagine the hmr and 22 have the same extractor and ejector.

Funny that, I find exactly the opposite. Even though I prefer Eleys, the waxy coating on the head leaves gunk around. I find it more prominent in my 10 shot mag. I can only fill it with a max of 8 otherwise I am guaranteed a jam as they feed up. No such problems with the Winnies. :hmm:

On the subject of Winnies I picked up some of the 42 grain a week or two ago. I'm looking forward to comparing them against their 40 grain offering.

Hmmm yes very interesting, perhaps we are using a different type of Eley .22 bullet? My CZ 511 semi auto will not cycle winchesters after about 50 rounds unless I clean it, but it is spot on with Eley subs, and cycles perfectly, and talk about accurate, I had an Anschutz before this, and it was a very accurate rifle, and I would put this 511 against it any day, in fact any .22 I have ever seen/used, of course the Annie trigger was superior, but this CZ does have me scratching my head sometimes, it is so damn accurate with Eley.

Hmmm yes very interesting, perhaps we are using a different type of Eley .22 bullet? My CZ 511 semi auto will not cycle winchesters after about 50 rounds unless I clean it, but it is spot on with Eley subs, and cycles perfectly, and talk about accurate, I had an Anschutz before this, and it was a very accurate rifle, and I would put this 511 against it any day, in fact any .22 I have ever seen/used, of course the Annie trigger was superior, but this CZ does have me scratching my head sometimes, it is so damn accurate with Eley.

Just the tool that you need mate. ;) . Accuracy, thats what its all about.