Copper Coated

Never used them but thought they offer slightly better penetration as they are a harder material than lead? Also think I read the Americans are funny about hunting with lead in places so these are a "solution"??

They are just copper coated, rather than copper jacketed like a proper bullet, so in essence they are lead, so they would be no use where lead was banned, in the same way that, copper coated lead shotgun pellets are not permitted where none toxic shot should be used in the UK, I personally think they are a gimmick, and dont forget you will get a build up of copper in the bore, as with a cf rifle, pure copper bullets are available to re-loaders, and are meant to be very effective, so perhaps we will see pure copper airgun pellets being produced in the future.

I remember the old sabbo Sussex things in the 80s ...couldn't hit a barn door with them but they would go straight through a 2 pence piece at point blank...impressive when you are kid lol

atb

kanny

• Like 1

I remember the old sabbo Sussex things in the 80s ...couldn't hit a barn door with them but they would go straight through a 2 pence piece at point blank...impressive when you are kid lol

atb

kanny

This was kinda what I was getting at.. I fired off 5/6 and the group wasn't great but again I didn't clean the barrel or anything very unscientific!