ticks

I use vasaline on ticks as they have breath through their arse because their head is buried, it tends to make them back out whereas insecticide kills them often leaving the head in. I would say though it works better on larger ticks... Its not a sure fire way but try it first and if all else fails you can use frontline. Also dont put them back in with the other pugs with the vasaline on them cos they have a tendancy of licking it off, i hope thats some help

Guest BigBandit

Recently discovered a few ticks on my hob and my mates gill and hob.. We were told about that trick with the vaseline and tried it, ended up working a treat :yahoo: I suggest Vaseline for the small ticks that cant yet be pulled out with a tick hook, but for the big blighters use the tick hook if your certain you can get the head out with the pull and twist.

When my Pugs pick up Ticks, I coat the nasty little arachnid fuckers in surgical spirit applied with a model paint brush, the next day if they haven't fallen off dead I use a tick hook. TIP:Unscrew the little blood suckers anti-clock wise, I've never had a secondary infection using the above method. :good: