Versatile Terriers

Ive got a lurcher thats no bad in the water too ....To sunny for salmon fishing so got him in the pool to stir them up for later on ..I was out for first light carry out our Licensed sawbill culll ...shot a mink ...then watched the lurchers take a line on something and new something was about I was on an island and next thing this fox came bounding through the cover towards me then saw me and started swimming across the river .....shot it and the we terrier retrieved it ...theres a first ....then as im heading back to the truck got a crakin roebuck very productive morning

Bosun I am not going to take much credit for his training the dog was as easier than a lot of gun dogs ive had it was just in the dog I will take credit for giving him the oppertunities .

It was impressive seeing the little dog retrieve a fox from the river

• Like 2

Admit it MIK, your now dreaming about how good your terrier would be on an Otter, or at least a Mink. LOL.

Great video.

H e runs with a pack of mink hounds Neil and knows how to handle his quarry ....he put in another good shift today not much scent coming of it but he found 3 times twice under a rock the size of a car and he had to go near right under the water to enter

• Like 2

When I was young one of my mentors had a Jack Russell bitch called "Uisce" (Irish for water) who on a days shooting could bolt a fox and maybe later retrieve ducks off water. She did this more than a few times in the same day.

Very versatile.

• Like 2