more likely the barrel is moving slightly every time it gets nudged, common problem with the s4** series, part of the reason I`m having a bigger diameter barrel fitted to mine, the only answer is to handle it carefully and check zero every trip before aiming at a live target

Hi Neil

I've owned S410s for over a decade now and never had this experience. I know you can bang and knock the silencer (true for any gun), but I've never been aware of the actual barrel being easy to knock out of line. If it were, I doubt they'd be such a successful gun as most hunters will put them through their paces on a daily basis. I'll watch out for it in the future though, :thumbs:

I've had a new s400 in .22 and an s410 in .177 in the last year and both have been extremely prone to the barrel going out of alignment at the slightest provocation! It's been bad enough for me to chop them in for an R10 (chosen purely for the fact it had a floated barrel and hence no barrel band to knock out of line). The fact you say you've had 10 years with no problems makes me wonder whether the QC isn't as good recently. It would be interesting to know other peoples experiences with new and old AA's :)

• Like 1

I got a s410 classic in 177, and a s410 carb in 22 and never had a prob with any of them. that was one of the reasons I got them as they have the barrel bands on.

the band seems to be part of the problem, skinny barrel moves and the band holds it just tight enough for it to lose zero, may explain why it can be put right by slackening the band and letting the barrel realign itself before tightening it back up, when I eventually get round to fitting a 16mm barrel to mine obviously the band will have to be left off

If there are no markings or name on them then the chances are that there a cheep and nasty scope

as most of the time good scopes have the makers name on them

iv had some of these scope be fore and had to zero them two or three times a night

you should all ways zero every trip any way regardless me and Vislauk do this and some times twice a night

if you can get the money together then get a set of mtc,mamba or one of the other mtc,s cracking scopes

new there £200 or a little more or you can pick them up second hand for around the £160 or less

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Perhaps a fundamental and complete equipment review is in order!

It isn't about spending a fortune, its about using reliable, repeatable, accurate equipment, many do that on a tight budget.

• Like 3

more likely the barrel is moving slightly every time it gets nudged, common problem with the s4** series, part of the reason I`m having a bigger diameter barrel fitted to mine, the only answer is to handle it carefully and check zero every trip before aiming at a live target

Hi Neil

I've owned S410s for over a decade now and never had this experience. I know you can bang and knock the silencer (true for any gun), but I've never been aware of the actual barrel being easy to knock out of line. If it were, I doubt they'd be such a successful gun as most hunters will put them through their paces on a daily basis. I'll watch out for it in the future though, :thumbs:

I've had a new s400 in .22 and an s410 in .177 in the last year and both have been extremely prone to the barrel going out of alignment at the slightest provocation! It's been bad enough for me to chop them in for an R10 (chosen purely for the fact it had a floated barrel and hence no barrel band to knock out of line). The fact you say you've had 10 years with no problems makes me wonder whether the QC isn't as good recently. It would be interesting to know other peoples experiences with new and old AA's :)

That's a very good point James. The RFD I use has said, of late, that there have been some issues with the quality of some AAs he has been getting. Which stands out as usually the quality is top-drawer. When I ordered my S410 Classic (about 2 months ago), he had to send the first one back as it had a dent in the action and was over-powered so he could not sell it to me any way (13.7ft-lbs). That means the power was not checked before it left the factory. Not good.

I was in no rush for the gun so told him to send as many back as he felt necessary to ensure I get a good one. Which he did. That's the beauty of a really good RFD who knows you will be a good customer for years if he looks after you.

Its easier to bang the silencer on the classic as its about as long as an 18th century musket with a bayonet on the end :laugh: but I don't find huge effects, if any on zero. However, only small collisions so far. I also think it can often be a case of slightly moving the silencer, not the barrel. Of course, every time you bang it you do think....oh f**k.....and then wonder if the zero is OK, but that's the same for any gun

Edited by Dr B