Hey everyone.

Pretty annoyed today as I was cleaning the S4 10F and everytime I take it out its gun sleeve the scope becomes off sight... its a tedious minor trouble but I think its because the gun case is a little too thin for the actual gun and it like... notches it off? Going to buy a slightly bigger one anyway because it has a tear that ive had to sew up from top to bottom but its unthreading again...

Just want to know also how to keep my scope good and clean and that as the eye piece always gets mangled up with crap and such and the adjustment caps keep getting stiffer so i have to take them off and clean the dust out before i start lining my sights up, is there such thing as a scope cap? Like a big casing that covers the scope? I think i should invent one... :huh:

Ok thanks guys!

-Jay :boogy:

What scope is it? Are the turrets exposed?

I wonder what an earth your doing with your rifle if your optics are getting so shit up... Ive been crawling on hands and knees before but the optics are kept sound. I use Butler Creek flip ups, but also have large sunshades up front which are for most of the time kept closed until they are needed.

more likely the barrel is moving slightly every time it gets nudged, common problem with the s4** series, part of the reason I`m having a bigger diameter barrel fitted to mine, the only answer is to handle it carefully and check zero every trip before aiming at a live target

not sure what the scope is exactly, ill get back to you on that and just been speaking to someone and it might be because its been dropped before, pulling it out the car it fell on the floor and we think the scope is damaged a little, any recomendations of a new scope? Might get one soon after a couple weeks more work, might treat myself ;)

more likely the barrel is moving slightly every time it gets nudged, common problem with the s4** series, part of the reason I`m having a bigger diameter barrel fitted to mine, the only answer is to handle it carefully and check zero every trip before aiming at a live target

Hi Neil

I've owned S410s for over a decade now and never had this experience. I know you can bang and knock the silencer (true for any gun), but I've never been aware of the actual barrel being easy to knock out of line. If it were, I doubt they'd be such a successful gun as most hunters will put them through their paces on a daily basis. I'll watch out for it in the future though, :thumbs:

• Like 1

The figure of 8 is the weak spot on the 400/410. I was at a HFT comp when I only gently trod on my partners gun case and when he took his next few shots he donutted the next few targets. I had a look and the barrel was now twisted in the figure of 8. Undo the two grub screws and let the barrel find its own centre then do them up again. That tight gun-slip can't be helping, eliminate that from the equation first. If you were closer I have a case you could have gratis.

• Like 1