Watch they don't tell you it's gotta be re - proofed

My gun shop tried it twice when I've asked n both times I've told em I won't be selling on so dont want it re proofed

Went from £200 to £60

Who do you use across there mate?

Watch they don't tell you it's gotta be re - proofed

My gun shop tried it twice when I've asked n both times I've told em I won't be selling on so dont want it re proofed

Went from £200 to £60

£200 to cut and proof...someone is taking the Michael!

That's if they was shipping it to be proofed n back

£60 without the proof. Used mid n West Country sports or whatever it's called , the newish one 9 n a kenfig Hill

Found keens very hit n miss

haven't found them a whole lot better tbh but atleast they're friendlier when you walk in

That's if they was shipping it to be proofed n back

£60 without the proof. Used mid n West Country sports or whatever it's called , the newish one 9 n a kenfig Hill

Found keens very hit n miss

haven't found them a whole lot better tbh but atleast they're friendlier when you walk in

Worst case...circa £30 each way for shipping (less if they are shipping more than one rifle) circa £40 for proof (less if they are sending more than one rifle). So that's £100. Yet they are charging £140 (apparently).

Around £120 for cut thread crown and proof from a TOP man round here.

£200 is taking the Michael!

Edited by Deker

Waiting for a reply Charlie found a tikka s/s synthetic with rcbs dies scope rings and 90 rounds of federal ammo the down side it's not cut so I assume it's been used on a range and shot out looks mint but pictures not always what they seem bonus thou it's only 30 min drive so if it's a dog nothing lost

Very much doubt it will have a barrel problem, .222 is not noted for burning barrels, or throats out, but of course only a careful check will tell you, if the ammo is not fmj then the chances of it being a range gun is unlikely, some people dont bother moderating .222 as its not a loud calibre in the scheme of things, good luck, hope its ok for you.

• Like 1

I moderate my .222 and it was the best move I ever made.

Joy to shoot, and you could be in someone's garden shooting it and they`d be lucky to hear it.

Either their garden is very big or my moderator has ceased to function :laugh:

Mine is still more than loud enough with a moderator...must be my ears.