Going off what I get off them, my books sink like lead baloons :cray:

Busy doing a sexy book at the moment, hoping that might open some doors and pave the way to a new lens or two.

Confessions of a mole man..its going to make a few farmers on the borders think..

I go to the Cairngorms for ospreys, they are there now..my dad used to breed poms, among other things

• Like 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Above everything else...what needs to be remembered, is that it is not the camera that takes the photo, but the man behind it. A good photographer will take good shots with crap gear. It makes me laug

Tell you what Bill,I can recall a year or two back when you had the Osprey pics on here and the Cuckoo's & Kingfisher's, they were something else..not sure if they were took with the gear you have

get a phucking room you lot

Posted Images

I love the Cairngorm's and Highlands will be up there for a few days sometime soon,I like hiking mountains etc and trailing through forests,around loch's etc..I like going spring and again in the autumn but even in autumn them little black midges eat you alive ? ..I got dumped with the Pom when my daughter left home but its my wee buddy now,she hunts great and likes having a chew on odds and sods,fit as a flea she is and will be 9 this September..and she goes where I go so when I'm off up the A9 she will be there too..is there just one pair of Osprey's where you go Bill or do you have a back up place where you can visit just in case lol? Have you ever seen the Golden Eagles up there Bill?

• Like 1

Without hyjacking the thread matie..I do two main places up there where Ive been going for a number of years, can wait 5-6 hours at a time for them to come in, first year I went I spent 6 hours a day for three days and got one dive..

Not seen an eagle..thinking of going to Mull this year for the sea eagles, trying to plan this along with the ospreys time..see what happens.

we use it as an all lads week, my two sons, we do fishing on the Spey and fish farms, as well as doing other outdoor activities,

Without hyjacking the thread matie..I do two main places up there where Ive been going for a number of years, can wait 5-6 hours at a time for them to come in, first year I went I spent 6 hours a day for three days and got one dive..

Not seen an eagle..thinking of going to Mull this year for the sea eagles, trying to plan this along with the ospreys time..see what happens.

we use it as an all lads week, my two sons, we do fishing on the Spey and fish farms, as well as doing other outdoor activities,

Sounds heavenly bud..have a good un ?

Get a room you two...... :tongue2: :tongue2:

Where have you been? On your x-box or out "trying" to take a half decent pic haha ..tell you the truth that camera of yours we took the last day was too heavy for me,I've arthritis in my wrists nowadays,I couldn't hold the damn thing remotely still..did take super sharp pics though ? Fetch that on my permission next season,once in a lifetime pics await haha

Get a room you two...... :tongue2: :tongue2:

Where have you been? On your x-box or out "trying" to take a half decent pic haha ..tell you the truth that camera of yours we took the last day was too heavy for me,I've arthritis in my wrists nowadays,I couldn't hold the damn thing remotely still..did take super sharp pics though Fetch that on my permission next season,once in a lifetime pics await haha

Don't think about putting a claim in , saying holding my lens has caused arthritus...I don't want to start getting phone calls from no-win, no-fee lawyers !!! :D

Paulus, If i had your camera and you had mine, who do you think would take the best wildlife pics..... :whistling:

My best pic ever was taken with a 18-55 kit lense.... :yes:

then why replace it with a 70-200mm f2.8 L is usm then :laugh:

Paulus, If i had your camera and you had mine, who do you think would take the best wildlife pics..... :whistling:

Because the 55mm isn't really long enough for some of the shots. In actual fact, I got the 70-200 for a wedding. It is not a good lens, and I would never recommend it to anyone. Mine is far too soft and has focus issues, despite being back to Canon. It's going back again soon.... :cray:

Because the 55mm isn't really long enough for some of the shots. In actual fact, I got the 70-200 for a wedding. It is not a good lens, and I would never recommend it to anyone. Mine is far too soft and has focus issues, despite being back to Canon. It's going back again soon.... :cray:

lets be honest, the quality of kit does make a difference as does the ability to use it and the knowledge of where to use it. i like the full fame 5d but it comes at a cost, with the loss of focal length compared for a crop sensor but it also has advantages, my f4 is similar with focal issues in as much as the autofocus is hit and miss at times and just not clean enough.

You guys seem to know your stuff. I seen a new camera on gadget show other night, can focus on different things even after the photo has been took, is this the future of camera's?

the future of cameras will be with mobiles and drones :yes: