Best £30 I Ever Spent

Jasper.PDFWith the prospect of starting to work Bryn next season thoughts and happy memories of my past dogs have come to mind, My best dog to date was Jasper 1/4 Deer/ 1/4 rough coated collie- 1/2 Grey. to me he was my true all rounder, I'm not remembering him through rose tinted glasses but he was, never backed down from any thing put in front of him did the lot with him day and night, I learnt a lot from him, he was my best mate. It was back 1981 looking through the Exchange Mart saw Lurcher for sale ad, phoned the chap and he said where's your nearest train station? why, he said I'ill stick a pup on the train for you, what, no way I'll come and have a look where are you? little village just outside of Norwich, ok see you tomorrow address? just go through the village you'ill know mine when you see it. So the following day I set off thinking Tewkesbury where I was to Norwich was just up the road, at the time I had a old ex army Series 3 Landy long wheel base petrol, 6 1/2 fecking hours later got there, and yes found his place, 2 old moggy vans outside with a variety of mutts in and a lovely old bow topped horse drawn wagon. Out came an old boy true Norfolk man borne and breed great chap, right off we go he said, from his we drove round here there and everywhere, tiny little lanes didn't know the hell where I was, but that must have been his plan, he didn't know me from adam, could have been under cover RSAP, he asked me loads of questions, checking me out I suppose, any way eventually pullled up to an old lock up Barn and yard opened the gates ,shit there where loads of um all shapes and sizes running a muck total chaos, I smiled, a bit taken a back and over whelmed by it, never mind boy he said, take you to another place, more twists and turns 20 mins later pulled outside a little run down cottage, wait here, 10 mins later he handed me Jasper 8 weeks old as above, he said don't waste him £30 he will do you proud, how right he was, it cost more in bloody petrol. I only have a couple of pic of him didn't take many pic's in the 80's, pre dig cameras,(got loads of Bryn now).

note incorrect choose of coloured clothing for that night, should have worn white decorators overalls :icon_redface:

ATB Chisler

mods hope I've posted this in the right section, if not my apologies.

• Like 14