out of intrest...can any one tell me who makes and sells traps that are just like the talpex but have a standard scissor trap type trigger? i have used them before but didnt have a cue about the potential of thease traps and would now love to get my hands on a few!

Are you talking about the fenn mole trap?

no they were..to look at a talpex trap but without the trigger we know insted they had the ring type trigger of a normal scissor trap...the trigger sat between the cross bars and they had not setting pin.

100% not the fenn

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I started off with the Talpa's, but I had a frustrating year of not catching in them despite the trap being triggered. I was told by a certain person on here to set them so fine that 'a goldfinches fa

I believe that the issue with the talpa firing and not catching has nothing to do with spring strength. Alas, our strict non educational policy does not allow me to elaborate

Perthshire....are you on about Fenns? :laugh: :laugh:

Posted Images

out of intrest...can any one tell me who makes and sells traps that are just like the talpex but have a standard scissor trap type trigger? i have used them before but didnt have a cue about the potential of thease traps and would now love to get my hands on a few!

no they were..to look at a talpex trap but without the trigger we know insted they had the ring type trigger of a normal scissor trap...the trigger sat between the cross bars and they had not setting pin.

100% not the fenn

Solway sell the traps exactly as you are describing mate; but they are the fenns

http://www.solwayfeeders.com/products/fenn-scissor-mole-trap-p1904-c424.html

100% not the fenn

Solway sell the traps exactly as you are describing mate; but they are the fenns

noooooo 100% NOT the fenn i have a dozen fenn sat in my shed right now......and they are not the fenn lol

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR never mind.. :laugh:
unless oct can help!? i know i wasnt eating shrooms and drempt up thease traps because i caught a silver mole in one at newton-rigg collage in.............2009??

they are 100% NOT the fenn mole trap....i THINK they might have been sold under the "gripper" name?

100% not the fenn

noooooo 100% NOT the fenn i have a dozen fenn sat in my shed right now......and they are not the fenn lol

Ok, so now you've dropped a subtle hint that you're not talking about fenns. ;)

How would you rate the dozen actual fens in your shed? Do they have any advantages over ordinary scissor traps?

100% not the fenn

Ok, so now you've dropped a subtle hint that you're not talking about fenns. ;)

How would you rate the dozen actual fens in your shed? Do they have any advantages over ordinary scissor traps?

their ok....but i dont realy like scissor traps and normal scissor traps are as much use at tits on a fish!...

my main use for fens are in roots or even better when setting under squashed down stock netting as i find a lot of moles in this kind of place...also realy realy small runs like the ones that you have to apply lube to get 2 fingers in (ohh matron!) but other than that i done use them......

• Like 1