• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I would just like to say a huge thanks to a member on here that after seeing my original post they pmed offering me copies of edrd free of charge and that they just wanted postage covering I real

They are contributing with stories, to keep the only decent magazine about real terrier and lurcher work alive..... this is also the only reason IMO they part with the paltry sum that EDRD costs....

Yeh still going, I subscribe but don't read every bit of it, just the stuff that interests me.

Well I would just like to say a huge thanks to a member on here that after seeing my original post they pmed offering me copies of edrd free of charge and that they just wanted postage covering I really appreciate the offer and glady accepted so thanks very much mate I won't name them but they know who they are

Still some real gents in this world

Many thanks Tom ?

• Like 4

EDRD is only possible due to the articles that are contributed each month by its readers, so if you think this or that about its content or those that take the trouble to write articles for no financial gain, then take the bull by the horns and do an article yourself, you don't need to be a Brian Plummer or have an A level in English as both the publisher and plenty on here would be willing to edit it on your behalf, so rather than the same old posts as some in this thread, do something other than moan about those who do take the trouble to contribute their time and energy to keep the magazine going.

EDRD is only possible due to the articles that are contributed each month by its readers, so if you think this or that about its content or those that take the trouble to write articles for no financial gain, then take the bull by the horns and do an article yourself, you don't need to be a Brian Plummer or have an A level in English as both the publisher and plenty on here would be willing to edit it on your behalf, so rather than the same old posts as some in this thread, do something other than moan about those who do take the trouble to contribute their time and energy to keep the magazine going.

They are contributing with money. Why should we have to write it aswell.

that's a choice only oneself can make but to then call those that do contribute their time for no financial gain is a little crass

They are contributing with stories, to keep the only decent magazine about real terrier and lurcher work alive..... this is also the only reason IMO they part with the paltry sum that EDRD costs.... not to line DH pockets.... but to read articles from a wide range of terrier and lurcher men, throughout eurpoe/usa ... im sure if it was just DH that was contributing then it would be once every 6 months with less pages, less types of terriers wrote about and you wouldnt hear how some of the european men or yanks work a wider diverse range of quarry and he is not afraid to voice his opinion on how ludicrus and flawed that the hunting law. actually is!. and sure half of you wouldnt even know what a sharp toothed fork was unless yous read it lol...hands down would beat the ridiculous posts and topics that have started to appear in the terrier section of THL recently.... you would swear its ANTIS thats making half of these posts.....

• Like 4

that's a choice only oneself can make but to then call those that do contribute their time for no financial gain is a little crass

I didnt call anyone.

I didnt call anyone.

never said you, i said in my previous post "so rather than the same old posts as some in this thread, do something other than moan about those who do take the trouble to contribute their time and energy to keep the magazine going"

I didnt call anyone.

never said you, i said in my previous post "so rather than the same old posts as some in this thread, do something other than moan about those who do take the trouble to contribute their time and energy to keep the magazine going"

Yes Ive read some of your articles,not bad.

I didnt call anyone.

Trust me if i can manage it then you or anybody else can :laugh:

I didnt call anyone.

I think you are a decent sort and Im glad you support the mag.I have wrote letters,and sent photos in the past and even bought subscriptions as gifts myself. Personally nowadays I wouldnt want to be associated with some of the known peddlers and dealers whos pictures Ive had to look at when Ive opened the mag. You may be writing stuff for nothing but plenty more are doing it to sell books,dvds,litters,and stud fees.. for me its run its course,and I no longer subscribe.

• Like 2

I didnt call anyone.

I think you are a decent sort and Im glad you support the mag.I have wrote letters,and sent photos in the past and even bought subscriptions as gifts myself. Personally nowadays I wouldnt want to be associated with some of the known peddlers and dealers whos pictures Ive had to look at when Ive opened the mag. You may be writing stuff for nothing but plenty more are doing it to sell books,dvds,litters,and stud fees.. for me its run its course,and I no longer subscribe.

as i have already said, it will only ever be as good as the articles it receives, show me another magazine that even comes close!