netting help and advice !

hi im a 20 year old into hunting fishing lamping shooting ferreting all i enjoy but this is something iv only ever seen on the tv and is something that im intrested in trying how would i go about learning ? what nets would i use and where would i net ? where a river meats the sea ? there are a few places or what i think are places that would be suitable near me so any help would be ace .

i know its a long shot and not alot of people will want to let people in on there skills and secrets but if some of us young uns dont learn itl eventualy never be known .

regards kris .

Well the best place to net if you have the bottle is at the mouth of the River,,,, if its to hot at the mouth (which should be ) go down the shoreline but place the net tight to the shoreline !! them silver darlings hug the bank!!

002-5.jpg

one or two Sea Trout in the bag !! Regards...

what do you do just weigh the nets down and have floats on the top ? have a guy at each end and walk with it ? or do you just have the net in a set possition for a while and then the fish net them selfs ? do the fish get tangled up in the nets or pulled in with it ?

cheers for the replys guys .

• 2 weeks later...

The trick is dont get caught mate :thumbs: I once swam the Wear at Hylton and walked several miles round to the A19 bridge in one shoe just to avoid the "Big fine£££££££££££££" :D

Well the best place to net if you have the bottle is at the mouth of the River,,,, if its to hot at the mouth (which should be ) go down the shoreline but place the net tight to the shoreline !! them silver darlings hug the bank!!

002-5.jpg

one or two Sea Trout in the bag !! Regards...

NICE MULLET

what do you do just weigh the nets down and have floats on the top ? have a guy at each end and walk with it ? or do you just have the net in a set possition for a while and then the fish net them selfs ? do the fish get tangled up in the nets or pulled in with it ?

cheers for the replys guys .

USED TO USE A SEINE NET ON THE BEACHS OF KENT, GOOD FOR SOLE BASS ETC AND NO HASSLEN WITH AUTHORITIES PUT IT IN A RIVER AND YOUR IN TH SH.TN IF YOUR CAUGHT,ALSO A BEACH SEINE IS HARD WORK TAKE UP SHRIMPING ITS GOOD FUN NO HASSLE AND TASTES GOOD JUST BOIL IN SEA WATER