Best Load For .222

Reloading is trial and error, what works for your rifle won't work in mine even if they're the same make and model.

Best bet is to load 10 rounds of a few different powder weights and work your way up to the maximum load,

Fire some five shot groups and you'll soon find out which your rifle likes. It won't always be the fastest load that performs best.

If you look at Hodgdons website it'll give you load data for your weight of bullet and powder, great little resource,

http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/rifle

Am using 50grain fbhp and 21 grain h322 and cci 400 primers if that helps

Do I need to use the factory crimp die

Yes mate the factory crimp die is a superb bit of kit, use it on all my reloads, google Hodgon reloading data centre, lots of .222 loads there mate, when taking advice about other peoples loads, always start low and work up slowly, .222 is one of the most accurate calibres around, and very hard to find a load it does not like, have fun.

Don't go 'mad' with the crimp die, yes use one (I always do) but .222 and .223 cases are very thin so the crimp can really crush

rather than crimp, don't worry too much yet, you'll see what I mean when you try it out.

Other centrefire's i.e. 22.250 / .243 and bigger have much thicker brass on the neck sections.