• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made this the end of last summer. As with my other posts common the theme is recycled materials. Boards are off -cuts of roof sarking, came in a load of firewood. Rope is off the beach. Total cost is

Youtube !!!!!!!! My boy has been watching some guy cut big bits of wood into small bits and gluing them back together again. Anyway after rummaging in my scrap wood pile he has made these two chopping

Knew my lad was working at something and keeping it out of sight so i played along and gave him his own space. He presented me with this knife las-night as an anniversary present. Landy spring blade a

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Another one for the(big) kids! ;)

School project for the boys, asked to make models of trebchets for history at school and bring them in, don't think they were expecting working models :D

Cuttings of broom stick work wonders for demolishing Lego castles.

DSCN7080_zpszjoolwkq.jpg

Bow from hand saw blade as per my mini crossbow. http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/337863-mini-x-bow/

DSCN7082_zpssof40ovg.jpg

Lead counter weight on this one.

DSCN7083_zpsdgxadhuj.jpg

My favorite the mouse trap catapult. Can be upgraded to the rat trap version!

DSCN7084_zpspgampazj.jpg

DSCN7085_zpsdrhsxfxd.jpg

• Like 11

Is their anything you cant/don't make Griff... :laugh: ....

Hmmm............Mrs G makes the tea...................although i have been known to do things in the kitchen...................just the other day she wanted a skillet for making drop scones.........thinking outside the box as usual.............a plasma cutter and a surplus to requirement frying pan later........

DSCN7087_zps2jtdsxuh.jpg

DSCN7086_zpsa3hotbps.jpg

• Like 8

as said griff is there anything you cant or wont make

Growing up there wasn't a lot of spare cash around so if i wanted it i either made it went without, the ethic kind of stuck, still tent to make rather than buy or if i do buy it tends to be broken and i fix/ adapt to suit my requirement, not a big outlay and you get what you want for a fraction of new cost. Just bought a spare or Makita random orbital sander off ebay for £1.20 needed a field coil, ordered same day for £15 posted, sander new is £130+. Recently have bought several 125mm angle grinders all ebay spare repair, Makita, Bosch, Dewalt, Hitachi, purchased/posted/repaired all less than £10 each.

Thanks for the comments lads, glad you enjoy it, makes it worthwhile posting it up.

• Like 4

:notworthy::notworthy: Griff , when god created the heaven & the earth if he had you helping it would have been done in half the time & a fraction of the cost .... :clapper: ....Top work ..

Your are too kind sussex :icon_redface: ....... i just make use of the skill the creator has given me.......must have got missed when it came to reading & writing and an extra helping when it came to using my hands! ;)