Pike Fishing

Anyone been out pike fishing, iv'e been out a bit, most week's but nothing decent, plenty of jacks but the big girl's usually start showing from xmas onwards, just wandering if anyone has had anything a bit special, got myself on a new water and i know that the big one's are there, i just need to find them, here's hoping.

• Like 1

I'm out tomorrow throwing lures about, so here's hoping, got plenty of savage gear four plays and other savage gear lures also plenty of other types, a big s usually get's a few snatches and iv'e got plenty of mark houghton custom jobs that have never got wet yet, so plenty to try, but i find pick just half a dozen and go through them other wise you are changing lures more than you are fishing,well we'll see what happens.

After 3 blank's i caught a small double on a over spill from the river after 40min's of fishing the other day. Put a huge bait out after & hoped for the big one's to come but not a sniff all day,live bait is a good way to half see what's around or use a dead roach around 4 inches as a lure. Tie the mouth shut & just try different speeds & depth's.

Edited by BOLSTER
  • Like 1

I'm out tomorrow throwing lures about, so here's hoping, got plenty of savage gear four plays and other savage gear lures also plenty of other types, a big s usually get's a few snatches and iv'e got plenty of mark houghton custom jobs that have never got wet yet, so plenty to try, but i find pick just half a dozen and go through them other wise you are changing lures more than you are fishing,well we'll see what happens.

where have you been fishing mate? Atb AT

Don't like to name water's, but i fish chesire mainly, and a few places in wales, the only water i will name is bala lake and good luck on there mate, takes year's to get to know that place, good luck, just got to get out and do the hard work of finding them hotspots, wherever they are. :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

It's a great place to be, the fish can be hard to find on there that's why i don't mind naming it, them mountains have snow on them a lot of the time but what a place to spend time in, the village is like going back in time. Sometimes fish the river mainly for live bait's :nono::rtfm: plenty of small browns and grayling also seen some big salmon in that river, the farmer's only charge a couple of £ to fish on there land aswell. That photo is a good'un mate, i haven't seen it that flat many times, it has waves like the beach sometimes, good luck and be carefull you don't bump in to teggie (bala's version of loch ness monster) :shok::whistling: PS. the best iv'e had out is a 12lb but mates have done better.

It's a great place to be, the fish can be hard to find on there that's why i don't mind naming it, them mountains have snow on them a lot of the time but what a place to spend time in, the village is like going back in time. Sometimes fish the river mainly for live bait's :nono::rtfm: plenty of small browns and grayling also seen some big salmon in that river, the farmer's only charge a couple of £ to fish on there land aswell. That photo is a good'un mate, i haven't seen it that flat many times, it has waves like the beach sometimes, good luck and be carefull you don't bump in to teggie (bala's version of loch ness monster) :shok::whistling: PS. the best iv'e had out is a 12lb but mates have done better.

Reported for unnecessary cruelty to a small innocent fish :D

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...