Dog Knocked Up Last Night

had buck out again last night. no issues, ran well. wiped down and checked on return then fed and put in the kennel for the night. let him out of the run about 7 this morning and he's favouring his back left leg and not wanting to put any weight on it. gave him a right look over.

no cuts , swelling or heat anywhere from hip to toe. nothing in his pads and no damage to pads either. never made a murmer or indicated that he had pain anywhere when i was checking him over.

he's himself and not out of character in any way.

any suggestions other than resting him and keeping an eye on him ? if he is still the same later i'll keep him indoors tonight then vets tomorrow.

cheers

Strained muscle? That is always worse after resting until things have loosened up again. Trouble is, without knowing exactly what the problem is you are likely to run the dog again the moment he is sound, and possibly set him back even further. Difficult to gauge without being an expert on dog anatomy, which is why I get mine to a good back/bone man if they are still lame a couple of days after injury, even if I can't find anything wrong myself. The number of times the back man has immediately pointed out a pulled muscle or damaged tendon to me I can't count!

• Like 1

thanks for the advice. he's in the warm and resting. he's just been out for a pee ( the longest one i've ever seen any dog do ) and his back right foot is sort of pointing straight down when he's carrying it. he can put some weight on it but he aint comfortable. like i say i gave him a thorough look over and nothing seems amiss. i will have him in tonight and vet tomorrow. sandymere is local so i'll try to get in touch.

This is when a mag box is needed, (great for niggelay/recovering/ damaged muscles if your really into getting the best from your dogs, while doing Your best for them,as well as correct diet,exercise and rest/recovery, it a vital bit of kit, also something that's getting more affordable for the average bloke are thermal imaging cameras,which would show you what muscle/s are damaged (the cheeper ones going from black to white and the better more expensive being coloured)

Hope the dog has a speedy recovery.

This is when a mag box is needed, (great for niggelay/recovering/ damaged muscles if your really into getting the best from your dogs, while doing Your best for them,as well as correct diet,exercise and rest/recovery, it a vital bit of kit, also something that's getting more affordable for the average bloke are thermal imaging cameras,which would show you what muscle/s are damaged (the cheeper ones going from black to white and the better more expensive being coloured)

Hope the dog has a speedy recovery.

had a chat with sandymere and my mate, the local kennelman has been up to look him over. its just a toe. few easy weeks in front of him now before he even gets off a lead. thanks lads

been up the local vet with buck this morning. he's done a toe. 5 days on anti inflamatory meds and we'll see from there. he's not going to be out for a while now and i'll keep him indoors till he picks up. bit of a bonus though, had him chipped for free.

got my two injured last night both dogs on there back legs mydhxgh pulled up then i knew for sure there was sumat the matter he was not putting full waight on his right leg and my bull x bloody same leg few days off in the mag box and on my pulse machine should sort them out but got 5 rabbits before they did there legs

• Like 1