Too Windy?

matt101

No mate it want there. Mr wilks tooks us East and there was trees in the road and a car down a ditch probablay due to the winds and Mr wilks walked me through a wood Wi fresh branches on the floor. I stepped over most or walked around but I was watching the tree tops bending and walked in to a branch that had fallen across the path.. then came the face plant lol

Edited by smithie
  • Like 2

After thinking about I think I would prefer a night that was too quiet at least you can adjust maybe be a bit more stealthy or pick a drop thats more suitable where as if its blowing a gale there is not a great deal you can do. It can get pretty annoying wrestling with a net that you can't do a lot with.

The wind can be an evil sod to I remember when I used to fell trees and some days you had to fell into the wind to get them tip first. The wind would die right down as you prepped the tree then the very second you made the back cut as the tree would be in the balance it pick right up and blow it back on the saw. I lost my rag one day and pushed like mad on this tree then I heard my back go crunch that took a few years to get right again :laugh: