First Visit

Was eager to visit some parts of my perms that I haven't visited yet so grabbed my kit and one of my boys and headed down. Ran my new Nelson longnet out (excellent ) laid a few purse nets collared up my ferts and off we went. Fert was playing up a bit but after she settled down she didn't appear for a while. A small 1 foot dig and the first was in the bag. Another bolted but ran along the hedgerow to the far side warren. Worked our way across hoping to at worst run them all into one end but not much happening. We reached the far end, netted what we could and set her to work. 2 bolted from under brambles and made thier way back to our initial location, a third pursed beautifully and was swiftly dispatched swiftly followed by another. We returned to the first place netted more thoroughly ( was hoping to christen my longnet before) positioned my lad in the middle of the hedge to stop them running back and away we went again, the next pursed right in the thick of it and a dive David seamen would be proud of secured him. The last of the day came from under a log I managed to get a hand on it but it kicked free, doing my best growling and snarling sent him into the longnet which wrapped him up brilliantly. First dig on my own, first longnetted rabbit of my own and a reasonable bag of 5 for a fat lad and his nipper. But best of all my young un loved it. post-84273-0-33326400-1420384276_thumb.jpg

• Like 7