2015 Litters...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Proposed sire  

My bitch finally came in to heat and was lined today. 3/4 Wheaton 1/4 greyhound dog. To a 3/4 Wheaton 1/4 greyhound x saluki greyhound hybrid.

Not long to go now. I hope she's carrying a lot of fluid or I'll have my hands full. Poor little bitch is ready to burst.

Posted Images

I'm not wanting to dilute down too much, if I've worked it out right she's 1/4 collie the rest is a mix of running dog, so unsure what to put across her....

If it were mine it would be a collie saturated lurcher .... but its not :laugh:

You wanting to keep the height ?

I'm not wanting to dilute down too much, if I've worked it out right she's 1/4 collie the rest is a mix of running dog, so unsure what to put across her....

25tts is ideal for what I'm doing a bit of just now, she's flipping a few so a similar type maybe with a better coat and maybe an extra inch would be ideal.

• Like 1

25tts is ideal for what I'm doing a bit of just now, she's flipping a few so a similar type maybe with a better coat and maybe an extra inch would be ideal.

get a beardie type over her ...

• Like 2

Me ... And its a secret

Do tell more...
im breeding one lurcher to another to produce a type that i think will suit me :thumbs:
Any pics of these lurchers Chid? Are they collie types or bull types? Heavy set or racey?

Currently just got a whippety thing. 23" whippety lurcher. Rabbit dug. Thought about getting a bull/collie type lurcher to lurcher dug to compliment her when out ratching about.

Edited by No1DogMan

If I wasn't to sure what to put over mine I would just buy a pup in atb

I've had a sire lined up for 4-5 years, (deer/grey x beardie/grey) Davey I suppose it would adjust the type but keep it 3/4 running dog and effectively still 1/4 collie then I was doing a bit daytime and thought about a saluki half cross but I'll probably stick to my original plan.

• Like 1

If I wasn't to sure what to put over mine I would just buy a pup in atb

I've had a sire lined up for 4-5 years, (deer/grey x beardie/grey) Davey I suppose it would adjust the type but keep it 3/4 running dog and effectively still 1/4 collie then I was doing a bit daytime and thought about a saluki half cross but I'll probably stick to my original plan.

Why not put her to a decent coursing stud mate ? I gifted a bitch to a mate she was out of a collie lurcher bitch too a coursing bred dog the bitch he has is not 2 year old yet and she has taken the full spectrum of quarry. Atb

• Like 1

its just trying to make your mind up ross and sticking by it im the same with my we bitch thinking of a full whippet would 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy then im maybe to fast dont like a fast dog or my own dog beddy whippet grey over her then im thinking maybe to much beddy it does your head in lol but the good side of your own you can take your time and pick what you think would be the best for your needs out the litter its no easy

• Like 1

Me ... And its a secret

Do tell more...
im breeding one lurcher to another to produce a type that i think will suit me :thumbs:
Any pics of these lurchers Chid? Are they collie types or bull types? Heavy set or racey?

Currently just got a whippety thing. 23" whippety lurcher. Rabbit dug. Thought about getting a bull/collie type lurcher to lurcher dug to compliment her when out ratching about.

Yes I have pics ... They will have collie and bull in the breeding , sire will be 9 ,just a rabbit dog ... Dam is a young bitch (be 2 when she breaks) ..as I say I'm trying to get a mutt suited to me ... Bitch is young I know but id like to get a pup sooner rather than later out of the sire incase anything happens ..

• Like 1