Squirell control in a Public Park

May Have they opportunity to quote for some work for squirell control in a public park,the usuall problems regular public access with dogs,I looked at either attaching Kania traps up trees with access only with laddders or making a trapping box for fenns,open to all sugestions on this one any ideas please.

May Have they opportunity to quote for some work for squirell control in a public park,the usuall problems regular public access with dogs,I looked at either attaching Kania traps up trees with access only with laddders or making a trapping box for fenns,open to all sugestions on this one any ideas please.

i would go for kania's ,but being in a public place it would have to be early mornings or just before dusk when you check them.

once the public find out what you are up to then your in for some stick, so keep it as low key as poss.

also paint the galv trap either green or brown a few weeks before using them so to camoflage them as much as poss from the publics eye view.

Good luck and make sure you price it well , hope that helps

Bry

Edited by BRY

Could be more hassle than its worth. If the public find out what your up to they go daft, if kids find out any traps will be gone or smashed straight away.

Ive had jobs ive said no to for the same reason. if you work for a big company its not your money, but if you are a one man band a couple of kanias gone is a big wedge out of your pocket.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Perhaps a quiet word with one of the Good Trappers on here, mate? Mr Waters or one of the lads shown by him? Only I think it might have been Peg & Gun who long ago showed us the way with Body Grippers, discretely cammo'd up trees.

Get it right and a couple of dozen Magnums would be a bitch for the bunny huggers to find. Any they do? Nothing compared to One wrecked Kania! :icon_eek:

Much of the above pointers stands too. Discretion will be ye most valuable tool. If Joe and Joan public don't know it's happening, they won't go looking. Moment they find out though? Christ! Hell to pay! It'll be all over the local rags straight away! They'll put you on a par with a f*cking Paedophile!

One more thing which I haven't noticed mentioned yet: Public Liability. Dennis the local Menace manages to catch Himself whilst trying to mess with ANY of ye traps? Well ..... rather you than me! =@

Good points many wise words Iam toying with this idea cant turn it down if the customer decides really good customer If someone else does it I could lose a shit load of work.

Using a ladder place either a camoed Kania or a bird box type trapping box so that Joe Public would have to look up at least fifteen feet up in the air ,if the box was constructed so that the body of the tree rat was inside,no one would see anything ,and going along as sugested early in the morning .

If you cant turn it down then i personally would make a tunnel to put fenn traps in and chain it to the branch. Joe public wont be able to see inside and as its not shiny the two legged magpies wont bother it either. The squirrels should enter it and be killed out of sight.

If you cant turn it down then i personally would make a tunnel to put fenn traps in and chain it to the branch. Joe public wont be able to see inside and as its not shiny the two legged magpies wont bother it either. The squirrels should enter it and be killed out of sight.

P1010160-1.jpg hope this works lol

and don't visit same time every day so the public cotton on and watch what your up to anddddddddddd be carefull they don't spot your van/4x4 wat ever

Bry

Edited by BRY

P1010160-1.jpg hope this works lol

and don't visit same time every day so the public cotton on and watch what your up to anddddddddddd be carefull they don't spot your van/4x4 wat ever

Bry

fenn or bodygrip in a box or tunnel , dead and out of sight