An Uphill Lung Buster..

Decided yesterday that I'd have a wander up the Fells at first light..we encountered,sleet,hail,sunshine and a 50mph wind accompanied us all day..I had the Saluki x Boots, Don the Collie x & my sidekick Ruby the Pomeranian...being truthful im aching all over,but anyways we are back home which is the main thing..dogs worked extremely hard in extremely difficult conditions..we seen a fair amount of gear which bodes well I guess..the big Saluki x is quite sore but he will be right by tomorrow he always is..just keeping the gang ticking over until this time next week lol..enjoyed the day even though it was bitterly cold, on arriving at our destination this morning the in car temperature was reading freezing so with the strong winds you can imagine it wasn't exactly pleasant haha..

IMG_0279_1_zpszzdqejhm.jpg

IMG_0257_1_zpsybz0rqqf.jpg

IMG_0178_1_zpsicm5kds1.jpg

IMG_0233_1_zpsrvoxhlac.jpg

IMG_0282_1_zps1cbsckes.jpg

IMG_0195_1_zpsntfnlv0t.jpg

IMG_0210_1_zpswff4zmch.jpg

IMG_0283_1_zpsnhcxhh79.jpg

IMG_0270_1_zpsbtxdefy5.jpg

IMG_0289_1_zps1iveftzd.jpg

• Like 17

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Decided yesterday that I'd have a wander up the Fells at first light..we encountered,sleet,hail,sunshine and a 50mph wind accompanied us all day..I had the Saluki x Boots, Don the Collie x & my si

Aye. he's definately broke to them...i bet all he wants to lick their ears.....

No,I just gave him the whistle to stop him in his tracks buddy..hes as broke in with them as he is livestock.

The question is did the dog catch what he was chasing in pic 7 atb

dont be daft every one nows it cant be done.is that a rabbit in the long grass he seen andy

Tell you the truth Dai I never seen it until I put pics on laptop lmao..im blind as a bat haha..was a crap day for light, I ain't a clue how to work these poxy cameras..it was a 300mm lens so it was a good old distance away ...well that's my excuse for not seeing it anyways lol

• Like 1

Like being up the hills on days like that,Hope your better prepared than me though a tshirt and jacket is grand on the way up but you freeze on the top and back down.

I had decent enough gear on weasle but the wind still got through my jackets..I wore two lol..you will know that on those tops its twice if not more windy up there than down at ground level..I seriously do need better quality gear to be fair..

• Like 1

For windproof and waterproof,look at swedteam wildfowling jacket,Price of it you wouldnt be wearing it ferreting but up there just the job,water runs of like a duck :thumbs:

And yes few times ive climbed a few rocks for better view or rest then relised its too windy to stand up to get down :laugh:

Edited by weasle
  • Like 1

For windproof and waterproof,look at swedteam wildfowling jacket,Price of it you wouldnt be wearing it ferreting but up there just the job,water runs of like a duck :thumbs:

Cheers bud..ive never heard of them but waterproof is what I need ..BADLY!!

Love that mate, I've got a nice 16 month bitch looks like your boots dog, be good to get her up on the fells to burn some energy off and calm her down. I'll be in touch and thanks for the offer it's much appreciated mate

No worries..im pretty sure you will be fitter than myself so probably won't be an issue to you..but I regularly walk up a couple of thousand feet lol and traipse about for twelve miles or so..tother week I walked 18 1/2 miles up, down and over mountains..there are no paths lol..its boggy,rocky,slippy and generally pissing down and blowing a gale haha..just so you know the score buddy :-)

Not too fit myself at the minute, but I still remember the first time I come over to go up helvellyn was about 14 years ago red hot summers day got the top of my head burnt when walking through the valley, sun went right through my hair ,when I got on the top the freezing fog came out of nowhere as I waited 10 to 15 minutes for everyone else to get up all puffing and sweating and there's me dressed in T shirt and shorts frozen and shaking lol I learned a lesson that day alright and that is there are dangerous places and climates in this country like an English himilayas lol

• Like 2