Sign in to follow this  
kingnewport

1 Or 2 Ferrtes

there social animals mate get a hob get it snipped and get two jill or have you given some thought how you are going to bring a jill out of season if you get one ?.

• Like 2

Aye or google LOL i generally put one ferret in for every 10 holes in a burrow so theres no point getting one if your permission has big large burrows you would be all day at one burrow

I've a few permissions with rabbits and this time of year with everything dieing off the holes are easier to get to. I've a terrier which push a few out of cover but would only want 1 ferret just to plop in a fee holes for a bolt

In general ferrets to not do well long term on there own,as has been said ,Get a hob and a jill or 2 or even a couple of hobs .

• Like 2

You can keep them on there own, but if you want your ferret to be healthy, body and mind, it's always best to have two.

You see a lot of single ferrets walking there cage,like a demented zoo animal,even if still worked regularly.

• Like 2

im my estimation ferrets a wonderfull social creature i have a 6ft high floor to ceiling ,set up with 4 compartments & a big run each day i let them loose for an hour & everytime i go back in they are all cuddled up together , i also think it helps them work together , i gave up on jills last year ,nothing wrong with them at all but just keep hobs now & when the go all queer like they do ,i put each one in his own compartment , mine are purely workers ,even if i didnt work ferrets i wouldnt keep one on its own they need company :thumbs:

I got two jills,they inseparable and like been said two no harder than one to look after, come in handy when working larger warrens