Fell Packs..

On top of a summit with the ulswater....the huntsman had just said into his radio 'we are on a summit somewhere, but we dont know where, or which way we are looking,or where we are heading'

Looks fine mate if you click on the image.

Agreed, fog can be nightmare up there. I had a bad do with it on striding edge once, on my own early one morning.

There's a scramble after you come off the ridge and i lost sense of direction... ended up on the inside of the horse shoe, clinging on for dear life! LOL

Is that Ullswater country country bye the way?

Few pic's for practice, does my head in!!

F646E2B4-83C8-4DD2-8308-32A34AC08886-365

E6500D13-A66C-45CE-8BB3-B32257AF54FB-365

D801EED0-BB3F-4806-A6A4-3D173C300998-365

91D3A298-8F75-465A-8B9E-FA00700BA45A-365

Hope these work!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cheers Perthshire Keeper. Had a nice day out with the E&E. Cracking weather too!     Just a couple off the phone. Thanks again

"on skiddaws lofty mountian some wet and windy days you can hear old johnnys voice as he shouts ~WHHOOOOO!! get away. but we know that he has gone away and never comeing back we have some lov

Sounds spot on that mate. Reminds me i never got hold of those books he wrote.Great little read here. http://www.earthdog-runningdog.com/author/lyn/   Never far away from a good view in the lake

real nice place stayed up there a few times,had some good days/nights stayed nr greystokes last time

A good session in the pub must round your day's hunting off nice.

Something I must get around to doing. You'd never get me singing mind, I'd be stood in the background, taking it all in...... having a good old sup!!

The good old day's eh!!.....

mardale hunt song:

well the e and e have a joint meet with the ulls water. and its epic! truely epic haha ile find some videos of last years if you want? ive got some of this year on the phone but cant get them on!

the only thing i like more than hunting is hunting songs!

Yes, bang them up mate!

Shame you can't get last year's off the phone.

How often do the sing song's happen? After the big meets? Or just when too much ale'so been downed? haha!

God this has brought back some memory's

Great times

We used to stay at the hawswater hotel then for some reason they stopped going back there ?

Can't remember why ?

Some great days and great nights

Go to go back

One of my favourite spots in the Lakes, down by Hawswater, out of the way, nice and quiet....

still haven't seen the Eagle yet!!

• 1 month later...

Had some good times at mardale shepards meet early 1990,s with lyn harper never the same after! Good hunt hounds caught fox and rolled in to haweswater with it fantastic! Never forget it !!!

Sounds spot on that mate. Reminds me i never got hold of those books he wrote.

Great little read here.

http://www.earthdog-runningdog.com/author/lyn/

Never far away from a good view in the lakes, weather permitting.

Hounds on a few of these, Swirl how.. Great carrs, doubt you'll spot them though!

DSC01373_zps0igxuogc.jpg

DSC01374_zpsfo29dl5k.jpg

DSC01377_zpsoyfhx0vb.jpg

DSC01379_zpsw3ghziiy.jpg

DSC01380_zpsei80kbcd.jpg

DSC01381_zpstha6mras.jpg

DSC01387_zpsepc3t41e.jpg

DSC01389_zpsoepbowat.jpg

DSC01398_zps93hkz12v.jpg

DSC01413_zpswjgpg8pt.jpg

Eskdale country.

• Like 5

I was there when the fox was in the lake

I was also there rugby World Cup final day when England won

I had watched every game apart from that one

But hunting came first

Every body was trying to get the score on radios and phones lol

Good night in the pub (happy days )

Wilson bowe is sang by Paul Edgar,he whipped in for the Windermere harriers under the great Anthony Barker, sadly Anthony and the harriers gone.

You struggle now to get a sing song going,a lot of pubs dont want it and there are not many folk are willing to learn and have ago at a song.

I remember the world cup, watched it at the keepers house in Weardale after a days shooting and a night out for his 40th, what a weekend that was.

Brian

Wilson bowe is sang by Paul Edgar,he whipped in for the Windermere harriers under the great Anthony Barker, sadly Anthony and the harriers gone.

You struggle now to get a sing song going,a lot of pubs dont want it and there are not many folk are willing to learn and have ago at a song.

I remember the world cup, watched it at the keepers house in Weardale after a days shooting and a night out for his 40th, what a weekend that was.

Brian

pauls some boy eh haha