Bushing Foxes

Grunter123

I am going fox hunting,bushing with Beadles well 3 in total this week I have never been with Beadles before, hopefully we will run some to ground for terriers or shot and retrieved by the lurcher and just wonder if any of you lads have used them or seen them work . My mate says they call in pursuit and over sets when foxes are at ground !!!

I am going fox hunting,bushing with Beadles well 3 in total this week I have never been with Beadles before, hopefully we will run some to ground for terriers or shot and retrieved by the lurcher and just wonder if any of you lads have used them or seen them work . My mate says they call in pursuit and over sets when foxes are at ground !!!

Beagles are an handy tool at bushing the odd fox about,ive never seen a lurcher that can shoot then retrieve,its ok to be a tad politically correct in the times we live in,but geez lets do it with a semblance of nous.
  • Like 2

I understood what he meant he was gonna shoot it and the lurcher bring it back

I understood what he meant to mean,like i understand the lad with a lurcher thats 3 years old now that killed pre-ban fox,s,its not rocket science to be a tad more savvy,or is it?.
  • Like 2

if I were you I would leave one of your flushing hounds in the van because using three is illegal. Don't want to break the restrictions on the hunting act would you.
  • Like 3

if I were you I would leave one of your flushing hounds in the van because using three is illegal. Don't want to break the restrictions on the hunting act would you.

He possibly knew that,yet wanted a certain response from the nuggets about?.

I never new that mate no has never been with beagles before,been terrier man for hunts like, and dug plenty over the past 35 years or more but never hunted like this looking forward to it like ,

Youve been a terrierman for hunts for 35 years and want to know what a trio of beagles have to offer,behave.
  • Like 8

Honest never new what they would be like in rough cover, and I have seen some shit hounds mate believe me lol

Beagles are as honest as they come as bushers,centuries of breeding and working accounts for that fact,in their day they grafted in packs,the hunting ban and its ignorance as fecked that,shameful.They still have the opportunity to reflect their breeding and heritage in certain kennels,working within the restrictions this law as.Do a little research on line and follow a beagle pack,doing what they were bred for,marvelous dogs in action,really marvelous.