Advise Needed

iv got a 3 year old beddyxwhippet who's tiny and weighs next to nothing, the problem is this summer my pup (bull/wheaten/grey) has smashed into him a few time accidenal of course once when the wheat was in the field and they've been running down the tracks and once when my missus have taken them out! he's a very sensitive and temperamental dog to say the least but after he changed around her woundnt go flying off in front bushing stuff because she would follow! anyway iv eventually got him right around her the penny's dropped she not out to hurt him she just hunting but now he's picking and choosing where to work or only working for an hour say then he just follows at the back of me constantly keep looking at me its like he's on strike because the pups there! but when i acknowledge him he get excited like I'm opening the kennel door. iv tried kennelling him up for a month to keen him up, i haven't really got time to walk 2 lots of dogs day so really need him to snap out of it soon! iv got him working little local walks for the entire way round and thought id turned the corner but i go on the proper stomping ground where it all started to go wrong i get an hour out of him or if that! its so frustrating because he cover so much ground and always finds the bigger stuff (which is a pain obviously because that would be illegal) any advise or similar experiences would be great atb remyd

yeah as of today my mate going to take him out with his dogs! took him local where he's been working and said he was mint but suppose the test is going to be the ground where he spins out! ps the ground where he stops working is not the ground where they've came together! cheers anyway

maybe but its gotten to the point now wheres he's not bothered by her and working some places all the walk with her by his side! but the main places i want him to work he'll work for an hour then slowly withdraws and shuts down, its like a mental state he keeps returning to because thats what he does there. when he's stood there in this state and the rest of the dogs are looking lively and getting fizzed up its like he wants to join in but can't but if something bolts he's straight on it!

Try taking him to your main patch give him a bit of work but then put him back in the van and call it a day before he throws the towel in. As frustrating as it is try and keep that up for a good while and then after hes chilled out in the van instead of going home let him out and try again.

Good luck!

tbf thats what i done when he shuts down to him to the van and carry on with the other. think he's got himself in a right pickle with it all going to see how he go's with my mate taking him to the ground for a few week. if that fails I'm going to see if my auntie will have him for a month or so to try and shake his world upside down! I'm running out of options iv been trying everything since the summer

no, i think what the man meant is to put the dog back in the car BEFORE he shuts down, while he is still lively. worth a try. i wouldnt take him to his bad place for at least a couple of months, then take him on his own for just a little while.

• 1 month later...