Hair Loss

I was given a little jill back end of last season that a lad has deserted on a neighbouring permission because the ferret took more than 30 seconds to come out of the hole. :nono: This jill is very small and was in a bit of a state when I got her, I think she was just very young and malnourished to be honest.

Anyway, she fitted in with the rest of my clan and seemed to get back to full health pretty quickly. This last few weeks they've all had the bald bits on the tails etc....pretty normal as they shed their summer coats and start growing winter coats etc. Anyway, the little jill has lost loads of full all over her back and sides. I've never had a ferret lose that much fur before. She's eating OK and seems perfectly normal in all other aspects, it's just that hair loss is a bit concerning. Any thoughts? Is it worth a trip to the vets or nothing to worry about? I'll try and get a picture on here later today. She's not lost any weight or anything, just quite a lot of fur.

I've had ferrets with mild hair loss before , always put it down to , too many raw eggs in their diet.

after the bad luck I've had with ferret health problems lately I would take her to the vets , better to be safe than sorry.