Season So Far

Hows every ones season going so far?

personally we found better scent in the drier start of the season ,Since the onset of

rain scent seems to be very patchy .Numbers are still ticking over slowly with the pups

entering steadily .Lets hope for the white stuff soon :D .

Didnt take many photos today wet day .Scent wasnt best in places .

Even left the little warriors in which proved to be a downfall :censored: .

But there is allways another day .We aint out to eradicate :thumbs:

post-36820-0-17440400-1414242427_thumb.jpg

Hour in not best so far

post-36820-0-56624100-1414242610.png

Took a while to find but only run for 20 min

No warrior to hand :icon_redface:

• Like 4

Serves you right for leaving the Tyke at home, LOL.

Typical Huntsman, "We're not out to kill them all." But if you had the Tyke with you you'd have increased your tally, wouldn't you. Admit it. LOL.

Funny enough, for the fine weather we're having this Autumn I've bumped into several foxes underground, in fact more than some wet years.

• Like 1

LOL, I know.

If the forecast is correct scent should improve this week.

Most of the packs over here are starting this week and it could be hard for them as there's stock out everywhere.

More bad news, there's a new saboteur organisation after starting in the North and they've already tried to disrupt a hunt.

Judging by their Farcebook page they're from another planet.

• Like 1

Their FB page is Ban Foxhunting and Stag Hunting in Northern Ireland.

As you read down through their rubbish you'll see they are very un-educated on the subject but they're not afraid to break the law as they have already and IMO they seem to have took tactics from the scum in England so I would take them seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to write a topic on scent, but as you mentioned it thought I'd reply to this thread. We were hitting some really good scent end of august and pretty much all of september and considering they were really dry months I couldn't believe how good it was. And we weren't even starting at 6am to hit the dew on the ground. our starts were 10am with a finish time of around 1pm as we were only getting them out for a run (job to get people up on a Sunday before 10am round here!!). But come October we hit the 2nd weekend and it went a lot colder and a bit damper and we were all thinking the scent is only going to get better.....but how wrong we were! Scent that weekend was awful and even through October it was really patchy. It hasn't really improved much into November, but I'm hoping once the leaves come down and the fern finally flattens we should be into some decent scent. We can only hope.