Bushing Plummers

cjcterrier

Hi guys anyone on here bush with plummers? Wanting to get a plummer just want to no what they are like? Also if you know of any decent plummers up for sale thanks

Why would you want to buy one if you have no knowledge of them ?? people should find out all they can before committing to buy a pup, there are many health problems in some lines of plummers, there are also a lot of nervous, dog aggressive lines that do not mix well with other dogs, this can limit your days out and who you can hunt with, get out and see some work is the best way forward and then wait for a pup that's being bred from them, WM

• Like 1

Its easy said saying get out and see some work, the only work i see from them is on here! Im wanting a bushing dog and am very fond of plummer terriers watched many videos and out of the terriers its the plummer id go for! As you can see i am new to bushing game, surely my next stage now would be to look around for a dog??? I welcome any help/tips but if your in a postion where you know nobody with plummers so you cant get out to see them work the only other option is to go alone?

• Like 1

I feel your pain. If I was in your shoes I would pm Wirral countryman...he seems very knowledgeable regarding the breed, has worked them for a long time and has there best interests at heart......( I would if it was me). Its a breed I have considered in the past, but it definitely seems a breed that you do really need to do your homework with......I have seen some massive plummer terriers and some that seem a bit too dog aggressive for my liking. There is no subsitute for watching them work and many a breeder of them will only want to point out there good points over the phone and take your cash.

Have you considered all your other options?

Edited by wuyang
  • Like 2

Contact WCM and also get on some of the facebook pages if not all and ask questions and perhaps get a day out with lads working and breeding them and see do you like them.

WCM is right - I have seen quite a few now too and health problems can kick up - had one small beautiful game wee bitch under 11" that developed foul mouth (no one knew this would happen - but she is great to rabbits), had another male beast 14" 19lbs at six months that never dropped a second ball (went back to breeder). Bought in a bitch that was mad and dog aggressive - lost. Bought in a great bitch recently - nice on rabbit not sure how she will go this season but she is not dog aggressive and is around 12" despite being 1/8th bull. A neighbour has two dogs - both strong and even tempered - 14" and 13".

And seen a 3/4 Plummer X Cocker litter recently and they will bush for sure - not sure if any are left if you wanted one and we are in Ireland.