Devastated

well about a month ago i found a bunny next to my house with mixy so stretched its neck and it went on the bonfire and i have a bit of permission around here so i was a bit concerned. now see them everywhere and what i dont see the dogs find. that stuff spreads like wildfire and now my perms on my doorstep are going to be ruined!

absolutely devestated.

is it true your suppose to notify your local vet? my mrs has pet rabbits and gets letters through when someone reports mixy.

Mixxy has never gone away in all the years it has been in this country.

Feel free to tell anyone you like, but it is not a notifiable disease, and any Vet knows it is a constant threat!

We saw our first mixy rabbit this week as we drove down the farm road. It always hits about this time of year but it's still depressing to see. It could be worse the RHD disease wiped them out for a few years, the population is only starting to recover but is still nowhere near what it was.

when i had only seen the one i thought may have gotten away with it but now i feel like the season is knackered just as it getting going. first real season as such aswell. only got my perms earlier this year. still guna keep going out and knocking then down but 4 out of the last 5 had signs of it. thats a high percentage in anyones books.....unless im just not being stealthy enough and the only ones i can get near are riddled with mixy! haha.