Altberg Boots

Looking to purchase a pair of altberg warriors over the net not sure what size to order have a size 12-13 in trainers so was thinking size 12 then it's has option of medium or wide width? Also aqua or non aqua anyone else find gore tex makes there feet turn to sweat boxes. Cheers folks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I can't comment on the Warrior/Defender boots, but I do have a pair of the Altberg Tetheras. Firstly, they are great boots: hugely comfortable, you almost forget that you're wearing them. I am normally a 9.5, but I had to go up a full size in the Altbergs, so a 10.5. Then you have the 5 width fittings. I have pretty wide feet so I went for the extra wide fit, which is grand. I think that it is important to try these on rather than hoping that they will be ok. If you could manage, a trip to the factory/shop would be an idea, but again if you're along way from Richmond that might not be an option. I hope that this helps you a bit.

I have a couple of pairs of the Peacekeepers and can't rate them highly enough. Got them from my old job and between them they have done 12hr days over the last five years and are so good I took them with me when I left the company.

I wear a size 11 trainer and my boots are also 11's but as above, its best to try them on.

GaZ

• 2 weeks later...

Wore altbergs for years but id never use gortex lined boots good at keeping water out but if any comes over the top they keep it in even better takes twice as long for gortex boots to dry its better to just give the leather a good polish regularly that's normally all the water proof you'll need

What are the Altbergs like comfort wise folks? Meindl Dovres destroyed my heels! I would go to Altberg to try a few pairs but too far to justify the diesel.

I was thinking about giving one of their tabbing boots a spin (Sneekers?). I don't do much digging these days but plenty of walking and bramble bashing...