used to be quite handy with a catty as a lad just getting back into it really always handy to have one in your pocket when out and about with the dogs just wondering though,when your practising do you go for a set distance till your bang on competent or do you vary your ranges,obviously quarry not going to be sitting exact distance every time but thought id ask anyway cheers.

001_zps73bed026.jpg

oh and i will finish my natural one day it was knocked up quick last year sometime to prove a point to my lad that thought you had to buy everything :D

10 meters is quite a good range to be good at target shooting mate, I try not to shoot to much into a catchbox now tho as I find it affects your shooting once out hunting, because your so used to shooting at a certain distance and at the same height all the time.... I couldn't hit shite when I first started hunting where I hadn't done any elevated shooting! Took a while for me to get accurate when shooting at different heights and ranges

• Like 1

10 meters is quite a good range to be good at target shooting mate, I try not to shoot to much into a catchbox now tho as I find it affects your shooting once out hunting, because your so used to shooting at a certain distance and at the same height all the time.... I couldn't hit shite when I first started hunting where I hadn't done any elevated shooting! Took a while for me to get accurate when shooting at different heights and ranges

ok mate no worries cheers for that,il start wasting my boxes of hex nuts sharpish see if i can get to a reasonable standard soon enough before hitting the pigeon and squirrel population round here :thumbs:

ok mate no worries cheers for that,il start wasting my boxes of hex nuts sharpish see if i can get to a reasonable standard soon enough before hitting the pigeon and squirrel population round here :thumbs:
make a box from ply wood with a towel hanging inside it to shoot at mate, you won't lose no ammo that way, or just use a cardboard box with a towel hanging inside it. Your more inclined to practise when your not losing ammo that you've just bought
  • Like 1